Processor Heat... How hot is too hot?

Paralys

First off, I'm using an AMD Athlon 64 (2.2 Ghz)

I used the NVidia NVMonitor that came on one of the disks with my mobo, and it shows that the cpu is at 37 C (98.6 F). I don't think this is too hot, just curious about at what point hot becomes too hot for a processor.

No two CPU's are created equal, so it's impossibile to give an exact figure. But basically, if it's stable, it's not too hot.

Of course you want to make sure you've got some headroom so the system wont become flaky if it's put under heavy load with a warmer than usual ambient temperature.

Vista drops it like it's hot... right now my processor is at 63C

on a related note anyone know of a way to get my fan to spin up so it's fastest to cool down my system a bit? speed fan does not seen any fans on my toshiba tecra m4

Might wanna check ur bios, my Asus lists all my case, and system fans, even my GPU's fan.

Vista drops it like it's hot... right now my processor is at 63C

on a related note anyone know of a way to get my fan to spin up so it's fastest to cool down my system a bit? speed fan does not seen any fans on my toshiba tecra m4

Might wanna check ur bios, my Asus lists all my case, and system fans, even my GPU's fan.

Sigh ya the toshiba BIOS leaves a LOT to be desired...