Portable Apps (a start button for your flash drive)

hsncorrosion

I would like to see this in an episode. www.portableapps.com its like u3 except free! open sorce and good to go.

I have been following PortableApps.com since it only had one app on it. I am not fond of their new "Panel" I liked having the apps just extract and be ready. I also like using PStart. Their panel is way too big, bloated, and non customizable. However, you can't beat

Portable (Firefox|Thunderbird|FileZilla|VLC)

U3 provides autoplay.

The link you provided is just a collection of portably installable programs dumped on a stick.

We've already had several threads on the forum about which programs people have (managed to) install on their sticks.

I don't know if you guys know of a really great program, and again, don't know if it's already been covered: Universal Extractor. I use it instead of WinRar or 7Zip. It also extracts installer files. So I have used it to make a lot of Non-portable applications, portable.

I don't know if you guys know of a really great program, and again, don't know if it's already been covered: Universal Extractor. I use it instead of WinRar or 7Zip. It also extracts installer files. So I have used it to make a lot of Non-portable applications, portable.

Now that is damn useful. Thanks mate.

Now that is damn useful. Thanks mate.

I am the king of small useful apps