How to stream desktop

osatox

Hey I got a question.

Can I stream over the internet live video over the internet from what is being shown on my computer? For example..

I want to have people connect to me and see exactly what is on my screen. So what I see on my screen , such as my wallpaper, my taskbar lookalike, typing, etc. being close to live as possible, they will see exactly the same. Resolution could be different but they'd still see it.

For example like right now when typing this post, they can see me type, and maybe I have windows media player open playing my tunes so people connected to me can see and hear.

Or for like if i am gaming, and I alt tab back into WoW or CS:Source, they can see me gaming as well.

Is this possible?

first question is it legal?

if it is, then how? what do i need to do so? how to configure?

the provided tools i have access to is my monitor, my computer, and internet.

Not to mention it keeps you safe from realvnc security holes.

When streaming some thing over the Internet there has to be an open port some where (using the typical Client - Server model). Are you suggesting that a windows media streaming server is less vulnerable then a VNC service?

Not to mention it keeps you safe from realvnc security holes.

When streaming some thing over the Internet there has to be an open port some where (using the typical Client - Server model). Are you suggesting that a windows media streaming server is less vulnerable then a VNC service?

Yes in a small way. I have been told from serveral people that realvnc has a security hole allowing a hacker to exploit it and gain full access without a password, I have had this happen to me once before. I run a server and used realvnc to connect to it, I was hacked and the server was destroyed, I had to re-format and re-install the entire system. A switch to www.logmein.com fixed that problem.