More In-depth Wifi Pineapple Documentation?

caeos

The lack of documentation and the fact idk what the wifi pineapple is really fully capable of doing is really bothering me. Can someone point me in the right direction, should I be learning the kind of stuff you need to get Networking+ certs? I have so many questions on what it can and can't do and other features, but I can't see anywhere that any of this is being covered... I have seen the 20 min video with the basic features and the "documentation" on the site, but honestly it is not enough for me.

12 hours ago, caeos said:

I have so many questions on what it can and can't do and other features, but I can't see anywhere that any of this is being covered...

You can also join the discord server or IRC and ask/chat there, don't always expect immediate responses but the good folks there will point you in right direction.

17 hours ago, caeos said:

The lack of documentation and the fact idk what the wifi pineapple is really fully capable of doing is really bothering me. Can someone point me in the right direction, should I be learning the kind of stuff you need to get Networking+ certs? I have so many questions on what it can and can't do and other features, but I can't see anywhere that any of this is being covered... I have seen the 20 min video with the basic features and the "documentation" on the site, but honestly it is not enough for me.

I believe Hak5 provides exactly enough information. The fact is these devices ARE very powerful. Hak5 walks a very fine line providing products such as these. While they are designed with a 'white' hat mentality, their powers can easily be leveraged for 'black' hat activities. An education gap between the experts using such devices for pen test / security audits and the script kiddies wanting to play around and disrupt others exists, and it plays into Hak5's favor. Providing enough info to prove their products work is really all they need to do. It's up to the end user to determine the limits of what the device is capable of.

"should I be learning the kind of stuff you need to get Networking+ certs?" - Couldn't hurt! Understanding the fundamentals makes using this device a helluva lot easier.

"I can't see anywhere that any of this is being covered" - Have you checked the payloads section of the forums?

Archived