How to hack WiFi security system

R06U3

24 minutes ago, WPA2 said:

Attack the network there connected to and go from there. 

How can i attack and infiltrate the apps that is used for streaming the live feed and used to control the system and cameras

8 minutes ago, R06U3 said:

How can i attack and infiltrate the apps that is used for streaming the live feed and used to control the system and cameras

You can't attack anything untill your on the network so you need to start there. 

On 3/8/2019 at 4:16 AM, R06U3 said:

It depends what software, hardware is being using in the security system/network.

I looked into my own Arlo security/video system a while back and sure enough being a wifi system, it suffered from the same vulnerabilities that all wifi devices do but that's where the similarities end i.e. you can bruteforce the wpa2 password being used by the security system but joining the network doesn't mean you could see all the videos/images being transmitted by the cameras because the video traffic was encrypted by Arlo.

Not all systems use encryption like this so like WPA2 said, get onto the network first and then fire up wireshark to see what is being transmitted.

The other vulnerability that wifi systems are prone to is jamming so try to see if deauthing the cameras through aircrack will do anything.

Once you have your wpa2 password if your traffic is "encrypted". You may proced to decrypt packets.

Edited by Bigbiz

• 1 month later...