How to convert USB drive content to iso image with ImgBurn?

Iwannaknow2

Here's a straightforward piece of software that will help.

https://www.osforensics.com/tools/write-usb-images.html

It can create an ISO from a USB and deploy an ISO to multiple USBs. Great for pretty much anything boot-USB related.

------------

Also, for future reference, please use the Questions subforum for questions like this, as this specific sub-forum is for issues and bugs with the wiki/forum/website.

Thanks!

Edited by Dave-ee Jones

On 8/31/2018 at 6:51 AM, JenniferT said:

Apparently there's a way!

How to Convert a Bootable USB to an .iso File

Not exactly obvious (I'll give you that), but it does work! 

Not only did I create that ISO file, but I also put it in my multibooting USB key, AND I just confirmed that it does boot the Acer Recovery tool too!

Thank you, that's exactly the manual I was looking for.

On 8/31/2018 at 7:05 AM, Dave-ee Jones said:

Here's a straightforward piece of software that will help.

https://www.osforensics.com/tools/write-usb-images.html

It can create an ISO from a USB and deploy an ISO to multiple USBs. Great for pretty much anything boot-USB related.

------------

Also, for future reference, please use the Questions subforum for questions like this, as this specific sub-forum is for issues and bugs with the wiki/forum/website.

Thanks!

I found that product too, but missing the 'step by step' guide. If you've already get there, where's the steps to get it done (similarly to the step by step manual presented with the ImgBurn project)? Could you please present us the steps you'd take to get the job done?

On 9/1/2018 at 8:02 PM, Iwannaknow2 said:

I found that product too, but missing the 'step by step' guide. If you've already get there, where's the steps to get it done (similarly to the step by step manual presented with the ImgBurn project)? Could you please present us the steps you'd take to get the job done?

(It has the steps written on the GUI)

1. Insert USB

2. Start ImageUSB software

3. Select the USB drive you want to make an image of (Step 1 area)

4. Select "Create image from USB drive" (Step 2 area)

5. Select where you want to put the image by pressing the "Browse" button (Step 3 area)

6. Click on the "Create" button (Step 4 area)

Once it's done, you can then deploy the image to a USB (or multiple USBs) by doing the same thing as above but selecting "Write image to USB drive" instead of "Create image from USB drive". The rest is pretty straight-forward. Select the image you want to deploy, deploy it. Bear in mind it may not be able to verify the USB if your USB size is bigger than the image, and it obviously may not work if you're image size is bigger than the USB you're deploying to.

Warning on the page I linked says:

Warning: Due to the forensic nature of image duplication by ImageUSB, please ensure that you select UFDs with a storage size similar to the image you wish to duplicate. For example, if a 2GB image is copied to an 8GB USB Flash Drive, the drive will only be able to use two out of the eight gigabytes of storage space. In this scenario, users will need to reformat the UFD in order to access the rest of the storage space.

Hope it helps.

• 3 weeks later...