Country channels

AlphaBeet

Could not find a way to change region to allow non-US channels past 11. Could anyone please advise on how that can be done to use in the U.K./Europe?  I remember seeing an option to choose country at setup but assumed that can  be adjusted later as needed. 

thanks

There currently isn't a way to do this in the module's menu. Perhaps you can change a value via cabinet? I haven't look through it but the only way I am aware (on version 2.1.0) to change country code is by doing a firmware recovery / factory reset.

Edit /etc/config/wireless on your Pineapple over a SSH terminal.
Country codes are specified within the "config wifi-device 'radioX' section.

Example:

config wifi-device 'radio0'
        option type 'mac80211'
        option channel '11'
        option hwmode '11g'
        option path 'platform/ar934x_wmac'
        option htmode 'HT20'
        option country 'NO'

Remember that's for 'radio0'. You also have 'radio1'  further down within the file.

Thanks for the clarification, although having a toggle/select as you move across countries would be helpful instead of resetting it each time. Not sure If it can cause trouble in the, for example, US if I have a device configured for Europe and it’s seeking channels which are perhaps out of bounds to the public...? I know that’s being paranoid but having that as a menu would be helpful for a handful of users, at least!

Archived