Jump to content
Joe2525

Why pineapple nano

Recommended Posts

I want to buy wifi pineapple nano but i don't know much about it can anyone help me with this. 

1- why should i buy a 100$ wifi pineapple and not 35$ alfa wifi adapter? 

2- can i connect a wifi adapter to the nano and connect it to my wifi then use this internet connection to creat a fake network (with internet access) 

3-can i control it remotely to give it a command of what to do and if yes how is that? 

Sorry if i'm asking questions but as i said I'm new with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hello,

wifi pineapple resume all man of middle attack used by another wifi adapter, and it's much easy and understand what you are doing with wifi pineapple, beside he has 2 wlans combine which means more possibility  like 2 in 1 device.

check that link.  https://wiki.wifipineapple.com/#!index.md

for more explanation.

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe2525 said:

I want to buy wifi pineapple nano but i don't know much about it can anyone help me with this. 

1- why should i buy a 100$ wifi pineapple and not 35$ alfa wifi adapter? 

2- can i connect a wifi adapter to the nano and connect it to my wifi then use this internet connection to creat a fake network (with internet access) 

3-can i control it remotely to give it a command of what to do and if yes how is that? 

Sorry if i'm asking questions but as i said I'm new with it

1 - the pineapple is a compact device specifically made for MiTM wifi auditting.  Just getting a wifi adapter and using Kali linux is doable, but there are a couple different programs to do the same thing and they are not as good as the pineapple software.

2 - Yes

3 - Yes, all depends on your knowledge and skill

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joe2525 said:

Thank you guys now I'm going to buy it

get the tactical kit, you wont regret it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i wouldn't recommend the nano there are simply too many bugs and too weak of a processor
for example there is a bug you can't use mana toolkit because of the SD card bug because of
this bug you need another WiFi card USB hub and to mount a USB as the SD card cuz that solves the bug
in addition to that once you activate the Pine-AP module the webpage is very unresponsive and can take up to 10 sec to switch between areas
my pineapple just sits there waiting for the bugs to be solved, i would try to solve the bugs but i don't have enough understanding in openwrt and Linux systems.

if you are gonna get anything get at least the TETRA 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes i heard there are some bugs in it but i also know that they are solving it. 

The TETRA is awesome but in my situation i need something low profile 

And the TETRA isn't low profile. 

In my opinion being low profile in very important that what made me choose the rubber ducky over the bash bunny although the bash bunny is way better and stronger but its not goid for low profile 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

you are right that they are trying to solve them but i have been owning it for a year and they haven't fixed yet the SD card bug which is the biggest deal 
in my opinion i am starting to think it is a hardware problem
and in the newest version my pineAP module won't deauth any phones successfully personally i see the nano as a lost hope

and about the rubber ducky its awesome but it requires a lot of knowledge with the command line of the operating system
and generally to be a master with the OS

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BennyGG said:

you are right that they are trying to solve them but i have been owning it for a year and they haven't fixed yet the SD card bug which is the biggest deal 
in my opinion i am starting to think it is a hardware problem
and in the newest version my pineAP module won't deauth any phones successfully personally i see the nano as a lost hope

and about the rubber ducky its awesome but it requires a lot of knowledge with the command line of the operating system
and generally to be a master with the OS

the sd problem can be fixed with a usb stick mounted as /sd and editing the fstab.  Not to hard, I have it written down if you need it. shoot me a pm if you want.  I know the sd card is a problem but I have never really noticed an issue with the 2 nanos that I have and what I do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I won't say it's a lost hope until i met an issue that stop what I'm doing.

If i met an issue i won't be lazy and i will solve it. 

I don't know much about it as i'm still at the beginning but from what i know i think it's not a lost hope

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Joe2525 said:

I won't say it's a lost hope until i met an issue that stop what I'm doing.

If i met an issue i won't be lazy and i will solve it. 

I don't know much about it as i'm still at the beginning but from what i know i think it's not a lost hope

definitly does not make it a useless device and if you do run into the problem, there are work arounds.  You also have the support of the forums to help with anything that might cause an issue

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, b0N3z said:

the sd problem can be fixed with a usb stick mounted as /sd and editing the fstab.  Not to hard, I have it written down if you need it. shoot me a pm if you want.  I know the sd card is a problem but I have never really noticed an issue with the 2 nanos that I have and what I do.

That might fix the SD card issue, but it breaks the 'I want three radios' issue.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/9/2018 at 8:36 AM, RChadwick said:

That might fix the SD card issue, but it breaks the 'I want three radios' issue.

that's why you need the usb hub and i saw cases where people needed more external power for the hub which kinda ruins
the bonus of the size and stealthiness the nano offers

 

On 7/8/2018 at 9:59 PM, b0N3z said:

definitly does not make it a useless device and if you do run into the problem, there are work arounds.  You also have the support of the forums to help with anything that might cause an issue

 i personally as said above NOT an expert in pretty much anything yet, i learn python and networking, sometimes play around with linux too 
but defiantly NOT enough knowledge to solve any issue that comes from porting modules to the nano, so to me it kinda makes it a useless device,
if you guys have any idea how to use it as 2 normal networking cards/redirect all packets received trough another machine i would be delighted to know 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BennyGG said:

 i personally as said above NOT an expert in pretty much anything yet, i learn python and networking, sometimes play around with linux too 
but defiantly NOT enough knowledge to solve any issue that comes from porting modules to the nano, so to me it kinda makes it a useless device,
if you guys have any idea how to use it as 2 normal networking cards/redirect all packets received trough another machine i would be delighted to know 

Here is the problem, its not just 2 networking cards.  Its a rogue AP for MiTM attacks.  It runs on Openwrt, so anything you can do on Openwrt is fine.  The PineAP software is proprietary to Hak5.  I guess you could use it as 2 networking cards and just ICS with linux and wireshark but would need to do some research on how that works.  At the end of the day you should have done your research and bought 2 networking cards and messed around with linux more, maybe Kali linux, to figure out what your end goal would be.  As for porting modules, there is plenty of documentation on how the modules work.  https://wiki.wifipineapple.com/#!index.md <-- this is where you want to start.  Just knowing python alone really isnt enough to just port modules.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 3:59 PM, b0N3z said:

Here is the problem, its not just 2 networking cards.  Its a rogue AP for MiTM attacks.  It runs on Openwrt, so anything you can do on Openwrt is fine.  The PineAP software is proprietary to Hak5.  I guess you could use it as 2 networking cards and just ICS with linux and wireshark but would need to do some research on how that works.  At the end of the day you should have done your research and bought 2 networking cards and messed around with linux more, maybe Kali linux, to figure out what your end goal would be.  As for porting modules, there is plenty of documentation on how the modules work.  https://wiki.wifipineapple.com/#!index.md <-- this is where you want to start.  Just knowing python alone really isnt enough to just port modules.  

Hi,

you said something interesting , about ' rogue AP',

do you have video or tuto, on how to implement it :

1- pine AP , i follow the video from hak5, but little confuse when you got a client and know what website he runs but after that nothing.

2- captive-portal to gain access or to social engineering some.

i means, i want to hack my wifi by using captive portal.

3. Rogue AP

thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...