Firmware 2.1.0 Issues on New Tetra

Hey Folks, 

Just got my new Tetra in and nothing seems to work correctly. Putting my feelers out to see if anyone else is having these issues on new models: 

-Web interface options do not save when checked/unchecked

-PineAP does not start (just hangs on the web console)

-wlan0 is missing from options (although it seems to show up in ifconfig)

-when attempting to start PineAP from the CLI "infusion" is not found

-Red LED continues to blink for no reason

-Neither the Client AP or the Management AP show up when enabled

Troubleshoting sofar:

-Reflased 2.1.0 - No change

-Nothing showing up in logs that points to anything (unless i'm searching the wrong logs, which is entirely possible)

-I did the google

I searched through the forums and over the almighty-interwebs, but I didn't find anything that quite fit this description of an issue (or older models). Any thoughts/suggestions would be supportive since I sold my son's left kidney to get one of these things...

5 minutes ago, Radical_Ronin said:

I'll give that a shot now and let you know what happens

it maybe that the factory firmware is version 2.0.1 so needs updating immediately after flashing - or they could have updated the factory firmware so it goes straight to 2.1.0 - when i did it yesterday it was still 2.0.1. Just to be aware, im sure you will sort it out.

Thanks Just_a_User: 

Stuck on the step here: 

From the host PC, configure a static IP address on the WiFi Pineapple facing Ethernet interface to 192.168.1.2 with netmask 255.255.255.0

• For example, in Linux run ifconfig eth1 192.168.1.2 netmask 255.255.255.0 up (where eth1 is the interface name of the WiFi Pineapple).

Am I supposed to SSH back into the pineapple here? Not entirely clear what they mean by this step since it says "on the WiFi Pineapple"

The steps up till that point went fine. I have a solid Yellow LED, just not sure where to configure this static route.

12 minutes ago, Radical_Ronin said:

Am I supposed to SSH back into the pineapple here? Not entirely clear what they mean by this step since it says "on the WiFi Pineapple"

No the idea is that when booted with the power button held the Pineapple will give itself the IP address of 192.168.1.1 - the idea is you configure your PC/laptop interface  thats connected via the USB ETH connection to manually use the IP 192.168.1.2. - be aware that if your home router is also using 192.168.1.1 you will likely have a conflict and problems - so I usually just download the factory firmware file first then disconnect my laptop from the home router while updating.

You can then browse to 192.168.1.1 and you will be presented with a firmware upload recovery page where you can upload the factory version of the firmware to flash.

Just now, tim657657 said:

im having a problem with downloading bulletins and the modules will never connect to wifipineapple.com so i can download and install modules for my Rig 

So what your saying is you cant get your Tetra/Nano online?

Are you trying to do Internet connection sharing or using a 3rd radio to connect via wifi to a AP? or if a Tetra you can always just connect the LAN port to your router.

no its online just wont connect mods

im having to use pdanet and i cant seem to get it to share internet the mark 5 pineapple wasnt this tough 

and yes i ssh into it and no reply from 8.8.8.8 dns google 

7 hours ago, tim657657 said:

im having to use pdanet and i cant seem to get it to share internet the mark 5 pineapple wasnt this tough 

It's the same as the Mark V, when using ICS.

7 hours ago, tim657657 said:

and yes i ssh into it and no reply from 8.8.8.8 dns google 

That means that your TETRA doesn't have internet access. There is a guide available for ICS at https://wifipineapple.com.

I am seeing strange SSID names in my list of SSID's discovered - clearing out the pool does not solve the problem - they re-appear.

After a clean firmware install i selected Copenhagen as timezone and gave the Admin SSID a name (Admin1337) + the Opens SSID another name (Internet)

Any one else have this problem ? 

Best regards T

2018-06-05-183705.png

The SSID filter does not work on SSID with @ in the name.

--------------

Restored the factory firmware 2.0.1 -> upgraded to 2.1.0

Configured the admin SSID (disabled and hidden) the open SSID (hidden) and went to the Filter section.

Adding the SSID disable name "Wifi@Norman" and then activated the PineAP + all the options of :
Allow Association
Log PineAP Events
Client Connect Notifications
Client Disconnect Notifications
Capture SSIDs to Pool
Beacon Response
Broadcast SSID Pool

and saw this after a few minutes: (see image below) and notice that Wifi@Norman was added to the SSID list in the http://172.16.42.1:1471/index.html#!/modules/PineAP view.. 

I deleted it but it came back ? also after rebooting the Tetra.

2018-06-05-191342.png

Archived