Hard to capture handshake - Help.

SP2005

I'm using the module Site survey to capture handshakes, but I'm having a hard time capture any handshakes. Actually I haven't had the luck to capture a single handshake at all. Is it possible to capture handshakes using another module ?

I have captured a lot of handshakes using my laptop and Kali Linux, but not with my NANO.

• 2 weeks later...

Can you give a step by step example of how you use SiteSurvey?

Personally I have had a lot of success capturing handshakes/hashes with SiteSurvey.

Have you looked under the hood to make sure all files are generated, etc.

On 4/27/2018 at 8:20 AM, art445 said:

I also tried this module. But Airslax with  Alfa adapter  work much better. Mainly because of the sensitivity of the adapter in NANO the weak Wifi module.

Where do you find Airslax ? each time I google the name a lot of Russian websites comes up.

On 4/27/2018 at 7:41 AM, trashbo4t said:

Can you give a step by step example of how you use SiteSurvey?

Personally I have had a lot of success capturing handshakes/hashes with SiteSurvey.

Have you looked under the hood to make sure all files are generated, etc.

I have installed the dependencies and then "Start monitor". After that I click Capture and Deauth, and then wait and wait, and nothings happens.

I'm not sure how to look under the hood and check for errors.

9 minutes ago, SP2005 said:

Where do you find Airslax ? each time I google the name a lot of Russian websites comes up.

Of course I did not buy it. Although I have a paid version. I received it on some torrent - I do not remember exactly.

1 hour ago, SP2005 said:

I have installed the dependencies and then "Start monitor". After that I click Capture and Deauth, and then wait and wait, and nothings happens.

I'm not sure how to look under the hood and check for errors.

Do you have a secondary windows/unix machine?

I can step you through how for future use. Knowing how the modules work on the Pneapple will help you a lot.

Feel free to shoot me a personal message!

9 minutes ago, trashbo4t said:

Do you have a secondary windows/unix machine?

I can step you through how for future use. Knowing how the modules work on the Pneapple will help you a lot.

Feel free to shoot me a personal message!

Thanks ?

I have a MacBook Pro and a Windows 10 machine and Kali Linux running in Virtualbox.

Using Site survey seems to be pretty easy, but still, I don't get any handshakes. I have only captured handshakes using Kali in Virtualbox.

3 minutes ago, SP2005 said:

Thanks ?

I have a MacBook Pro and a Windows 10 machine and Kali Linux running in Virtualbox.

Using Site survey seems to be pretty easy, but still, I don't get any handshakes. I have only captured handshakes using Kali in Virtualbox.

Maybe it's a memory issue. Are you using an SD or onboard memory?

2 hours ago, SP2005 said:

Ok. I have read somewhere that it is best til install in the internal storage, but I'll try to install Site survey on the SD card.

Hm, I would assume the opposite. 

Internal memory should be restricted to OS necessities imo. Every external module should run on an SD to be managed easier.

Archived