Is this viable?

Dave-ee Jones

48 minutes ago, Rainman_34 said:

The AC drivers dont work properly in Linux. Kali goves instructions for getting it to work but it is highly unstable and almost always makes your kali crash. 

Ah well, Windows it is then :(

You know, they said they had that issue when this thing came out - it seems silly that they haven't fixed it yet.

14 hours ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

And if you want dual band you can get one of these.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LY35HGO/ref=psdc_13983791_t3_B0035OCVO6

The one in the OP is dual band :)

I currently have a WiFi card in my PC (I know, don't look at me!) but it doesn't support 5GHz, sadly. It has a few other connection issues here and there, so even if I can't use this adapter for pentesting purposes I can still (hopefully) use it with Windows for general use.

9 minutes ago, Dave-ee Jones said:

The one in the OP is dual band :)

I currently have a WiFi card in my PC (I know, don't look at me!) but it doesn't support 5GHz, sadly. It has a few other connection issues here and there, so even if I can't use this adapter for pentesting purposes I can still (hopefully) use it with Windows for general use.

True but the support for the AC is sketchy.  The one I posted is listed as tried and true.  Liked it so much I decided to get one to use on the pi 3 as a second antennae.  Should be here next week hehe.  I already have a 2.4GHz Alpha that works great for 2.4GHz stuff.

3 hours ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

True but the support for the AC is sketchy.  The one I posted is listed as tried and true.  Liked it so much I decided to get one to use on the pi 3 as a second antennae.  Should be here next week hehe.  I already have a 2.4GHz Alpha that works great for 2.4GHz stuff.

Yeah, yours does look like it has better driver support for more OS'.