Tetra gets IP in wrong subnet @ setup

MeetInTheMiddle

1 hour ago, MeetInTheMiddle said:

Hi all,

Just unpacked my Tetra and the new interface (eth1) gets an IP in the same range as my home LAN (192.168.0.0/24) instead of the network on the setup page. I was able to set the IP manually and continue the setup, but is this a bug?

Best regards,

G

Got any more info? OS used?, physical connection details?

55 minutes ago, Foxtrot said:

You should connect via the USB Ethernet port, not the RJ-45 port. The RJ-45 Ethernet is for a WAN connection.

Also with the firewall rules you shouldnt be able to connect to the pineapple via the eth1 as it is only to provide internet to the tetra.  this is for security reasons, but you can edit the firewall rules to access the webui and ssh via whatever ip your router gives the tetra.

1 minute ago, MeetInTheMiddle said:

I did connect through the USB Y-cable. That's where eth1 got 192.168.0.x.

Interesting, perhaps your network manager set the interface IP instead of listening to the pineapple? I assumed the actual ethernet port because you said eth1, not thinking you could have already had an ethernet connection on your computer.

16 hours ago, Foxtrot said:

Interesting, perhaps your network manager set the interface IP instead of listening to the pineapple? I assumed the actual ethernet port because you said eth1, not thinking you could have already had an ethernet connection on your computer.

Yeah, that was also different from what Darren said in the video (it being eth2 or eth3).

I used a Debian 8 laptop and it's not the first time that the networking on that box has pulled my leg, so it's prolly that...

Thanks for your replies in any event and best regards,

G

Archived