Bootable Kali Linux Usb stick

$tRizZy

As of 10/30/17 kali linux downloads will not work, through both the HTTP download and the torrent link, both debian.exe installer packages can not locate win32-loader.ini on my windows 10 laptop. If anybody has a torrent for the old ISO file it would be much appreciated ive been at this for about 3 hours now and cant find a ISO image to flash onto the usb stick on kali.org and the Virtual images are not working for me either. 

It is highly unlikely that Kali is currupted all of their downloads like @Dave-ee Jones said.  What kind of Flash drive are you using? also try using Rufus to make your USB stick, I have had good results with all OS using it to write to usb.

https://rufus.akeo.ie/

Edited by bashincajun

Your Windows 10 devices, is using UEFI, so you need to either disable in the bios to use Legacy settings for the install(which will work with EFI after fully installed and updated), or use something like Rufus to make a UEFI bootable USB drive for the install on a UEFI enabled computer. Kali supports UEFI 100% too, just the ISO files don't have the UEFI boot enabled, which is where tools like Rufus help.

Basically use https://rufus.akeo.ie/ with your ISO to create the UEFI bootable thumbdrive, and you will be good to go.

On 10/31/2017 at 7:32 AM, digip said:

Your Windows 10 devices, is using UEFI, so you need to either disable in the bios to use Legacy settings for the install(which will work with EFI after fully installed and updated), or use something like Rufus to make a UEFI bootable USB drive for the install on a UEFI enabled computer. Kali supports UEFI 100% too, just the ISO files don't have the UEFI boot enabled, which is where tools like Rufus help.

Basically use https://rufus.akeo.ie/ with your ISO to create the UEFI bootable thumbdrive, and you will be good to go.

I am going to second this post.  I have this year had my first taste of trying to put linux on a UEFI enabled system.  I have not found any way to make a UEFI bootabled USB stick except for with rufus on windows.

With that said, if someone knows how to make a UEFI bootable USB stick in Linux from an ISO, I am all ears....or eyes I should say.

4 hours ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

I am going to second this post.  I have this year had my first taste of trying to put linux on a UEFI enabled system.  I have not found any way to make a UEFI bootabled USB stick except for with rufus on windows.

With that said, if someone knows how to make a UEFI bootable USB stick in Linux from an ISO, I am all ears....or eyes I should say.

This has been brought up. Currently our docs.kali.org only show how to do it to an extent, but is a bit out dated and not much help for windows users. For me, I just disabled UEFI, installed, updated, then rebooted and reenabled UEFI. Then i just choose which partition to boot from, and I'm good to go, with Windows still being the default OS it boots to if you don't choose the partition with F9 or F10(I forget but whatever your BIOS hotkey is for selecting drives, but that is for my Laptop and how I installed mine with just the ISO)

Edited by digip