Config.txt in payloads folder in docs

PoSHMagiC0de

So, I noticed a new config.txt is at the root of the mountable BB drive now for Ducky config.  I have a question.  I always like to try all options a device has.  I noticed in the instructions you can use a config.txt in the payloads folder as well.  It says it is for configuration of complex payloads.  Is that automatically sourced somehow or do you have to manually source it?  Does it have to follow some kind of format different than other bash files we source?

From the changelog

- User configuration file
  - A config.txt is now found on the root of the Bash Bunny's storage partition
  - This config.txt is sourced before payloads are executed, allowing global configurations
  - By default the DUCKY_LANG command is run to set the keyboard to 'us'.
  - NOTE: settings in config.txt will be overwritten if a payload decides to do so
  - NOTE: config.txt will currently not survive factory resets or firmware upgrades. This will change in the future

16 hours ago, LowValueTarget said:

From the changelog

- User configuration file
  - A config.txt is now found on the root of the Bash Bunny's storage partition
  - This config.txt is sourced before payloads are executed, allowing global configurations
  - By default the DUCKY_LANG command is run to set the keyboard to 'us'.
  - NOTE: settings in config.txt will be overwritten if a payload decides to do so
  - NOTE: config.txt will currently not survive factory resets or firmware upgrades. This will change in the future

Not the recent change.  Lol.  I seen that change.  The recent change reminded me of something I saw.  If you look in the DOC folder on the github site it shows a breakdown of the actual switch folder containing the config.txt for configuring advanced payloads.  Was wondering how it was used there and how it is sucked in.

https://github.com/hak5/bashbunny-payloads/tree/master/docs

9 hours ago, PoSHMagiC0de said:

Not the recent change.  Lol.  I seen that change.  The recent change reminded me of something I saw.  If you look in the DOC folder on the github site it shows a breakdown of the actual switch folder containing the config.txt for configuring advanced payloads.  Was wondering how it was used there and how it is sucked in.

https://github.com/hak5/bashbunny-payloads/tree/master/docs

It isn't - I think it was just an example of good practice. I'll make that more clear.