ECDL

film

Hi, well we are doing ECDL are our school and i have got a couple of books on it but i was wondering if any of you know a website which i can revise from as i seem to revise more on the computer then in books as im on my computer ALL the time. Im getting the ECDL disc soon so i will be using that but intill i get it i would like to recise for my test on friday (as im not 100% MS Office, and would not like to fail).

-Thanks

... Most of my posts are fine ... So if you can say anything constructive then dont say anything.

Sparda's comment was constructive, and your response should have been " ... So if you can't say anything ...".

Was pissed off when i wrote it ... I know he says SOME constructive things but a lot of the things he does say just put people down.

... Most of my posts are fine ... So if you can say anything constructive then dont say anything.

Sparda's comment was constructive, and your response should have been " ... So if you can't say anything ...".

Was pissed off when i wrote it ... I know he says SOME constructive things but, a lot of the things he does say put people down.

Kind of I guess, but you can be Office certified here too, there's a million courses to say you can operate Office though, the ECDL is supposed to be a general way to say "hey, I can function in front of a computer, I can use Office, I can use Windows, I can use the internet and email".

As a matter of interest, there's also Advanced ECDL which is available in four modules, one for Word, Excel, Power Point and Access. I've done them too and was disappointed by the level of knowledge required. Before starting the courses, I expected ECDL to be the level of Advanced ECDL and Advanced ECDL to be even higher. I want to push my skills and knowledge further so I guess I'll have to look at MS courses (similar to MCSE).

A) I don't speak galeic, your only taught that if you go to a taig school, my variant of English is Ulster Scotch, which is a local thing ;)

B) ECDL = European Computing Driving License

you get it so you hopefully don't CRASH your computer

ROFL. There is also an International Computer Driving License. My college course did all the required subjects for it but didn't actually offer the accreditation. I am eligible to sit the test, but it costs heaps for zero benefit. i think what the college gave me would have more weight (even if it isn't "officially" recognised in every country)

It sounds like something for the elderly. You know, people who simply have *NEVER* touched a computer before in their life.

Basically all that's required is a little time and the assurance from someone who is (in their eyes) knowledgable to tell them that, yes, this is a complex and expensive piece of equiptment, but there's nothing you can do to it that will cause irreprable damage, so just go play with it and holler when you're stuck.

I mean, why would you want to do this course?

"It's free now and if I take it later it's big bucks" well, yeah, but who would you need to show the cert to to get something done? You think that if you apply for a job at a computer repair shop and you put on your resume that you had this course, what do you think the guy reading it will think about you? He'll probably think you're a total noob who took the course and now feels he's got what it takes to do this job.

So seriously, what does having this certification gain you?

It sounds like something for the elderly. You know, people who simply have *NEVER* touched a computer before in their life.

How ironic. I work in the computer lab here at Uni, and just 5 minutes before I read this a 25ish year old woman came up to me and asked how to start up a new power point. She was sitting there in Word... So I tell her to close Word and go down into the start menu and highlight All Programs. She navigates here way into the start menu and stops and asks, "Where's the all program?" Now I don't really care if she's that computer unsavy because she was nice about the whole thing, but it was pretty funny and ironic to come read this right afterwords.