Configure on OS X?

theNetImp

Hi theNetImp,

Welcome to the forums!

In the future, please use the search function, as many have asked this question before, and there are a number of threads that detail ways to get this working.

The reason why we haven't published any instructions for OSX / MacOS is because Apple thinks its a good idea to keep changing internet connection sharing from update to update. Sometimes it's as easy as sharing the connection and setting a static IP, sometimes it requires modifying the Pineapple's IP, sometimes it requires plist editing.. and other times it simply won't work at all.

Because of this, most OSX / MacOS users are running a linux VM and simply passing the WiFi Pineapple NANO through to the VM directly. I find this works very well myself.

Of course, to simply use the WiFi Pineapple NANO on OSX, without ICS, you can simply plug the device in, open a browser, and navigate to http://172.16.42.1:1471. Just make sure that your internet facing interface is of higher priority in the OSX / MacOS network preferences.

• Upvote 1

Hi Sebkinne,

I actually had searched "Macintosh" and "OS X" (with the space) and got no results returned on both searches.  I didn't think to search OSX or MacOS.  Sorry about that.

Thanks for the info.  I'll play around with it tonight or tomorrow when I can put work aside.

check out these post.  There are a couple different ways to set up the Pineapple with mac and ICS,  I have detailed instructions in a zip file to follow that makes it really easy.  Also the process I have posted is comfirmed to work with macOS serria 

• Upvote 1

Seb and b0N3z are steering you the right course.  Personally I've figured out how to dual boot using reFind with a Linux partition on my MacBook Air.  Works like a champ.  I have fooled around with trying to get ICS working on ElCap but haven't had the time to try out Sierra's set up yet.  My server back at the house is still running ElCap until I figure all the ICS out.  I must say that .zip b0N3z has set up is pretty informative. 

6 hours ago, Brian3656 said:

Seb and b0N3z are steering you the right course.  Personally I've figured out how to dual boot using reFind with a Linux partition on my MacBook Air.  Works like a champ.  I have fooled around with trying to get ICS working on ElCap but haven't had the time to try out Sierra's set up yet.  My server back at the house is still running ElCap until I figure all the ICS out.  I must say that .zip b0N3z has set up is pretty informative. 

it also works on Sierra.  

• Upvote 1