Wifi Antenna

b0N3z

SMA vs RP-SMA. Ive done some research on both but am still puzzled as the nano uses RP-SMA and the tetra uses SMA. Whats the the better connection type and why?

SMA vs RP-SMA. Ive done some research on both but am still puzzled as the nano uses RP-SMA and the tetra uses SMA. Whats the the better connection type and why?

Technically, it doesn't matter. With SMA the pin is on the antenna, so if it breaks(how I've no clue) you just have to replace the antenna. RP-SMA was created for when home style access points started using sma style connectors, same with RP-TNC. It keeps Bob from going out and buying a commercial high gain antenna and sticking it on his linksys wrt-54g then cooking his eyeballs. At least that was the idea at the time. Now you can buy carrier grade wireless equipment on Amazon and cook more than just your eyes.

As a side note, your eyes are the most sensitive part of your body when it comes to microwave energy. They don't have the same amount of blood vessels as your skin to pull away the heat.

so running 5 rp-sma antennas in one room right next to me, is killing my eyeballs? lol Im going to have to do more reseach. Im working on a portable hack box and i want to route the antennas to be on the outside, just screw on and be able to keep the box closed. So technically I can just use rp-sma as thats what all my other devices are and the custom component im making ill just use the same rp-sma antennas.

I didnt know if one was technically better than the other. I know the nano uses rp-sma and the tetra uses sma thats why I was a little puzzled on the difference.

• 2 weeks later...

i forget to put the 9dbi part in there lol. I have a 3 on my pc and 2 on the nano sometimes. Anyways im a welder and the last thing that will fry these eyes is wifi antenna, I get flashed with an arc enough at work.

i forget to put the 9dbi part in there lol. I have a 3 on my pc and 2 on the nano sometimes. Anyways im a welder and the last thing that will fry these eyes is wifi antenna, I get flashed with an arc enough at work.

Heh, I used one of those solar powered automagic helmets once. Was doing pretty good until I got my arm between the helmet and the arc, shadow went across the cell and they unshaded. Man that was bright! The newer ones have multiple sensors now I guess.

Heh, I used one of those solar powered automagic helmets once. Was doing pretty good until I got my arm between the helmet and the arc, shadow went across the cell and they unshaded. Man that was bright! The newer ones have multiple sensors now I guess.

Yea I used an auto darkening hood for about 4 years before i got fed up with getting flashed and switched to the old school 11 shade glass lens. Im the youngest guy in my department and use the oldest of tech at work lol