Red Tint Screen

b0N3z

I noticed Seb had a red tint on his screen on the Lets Code video. I am interested in this because i'm on my pc at night most of the time and the super bright whites mess with my eyes a lot. Ive install flux and am going to give it a try. Im wondering if anybody else has any suggestion for program that might work better than flux, if any?

My OS is Linux Mint 17.3

Thank you sir. im going to give it a try also. 40in of screen gets really bright lol.

EDIT: So I installed and wow what a difference even during the day with this much screen that helps out big time!

Edited by b0N3z

• 3 weeks later...

I noticed Seb had a red tint on his screen on the Lets Code video. I am interested in this because i'm on my pc at night most of the time and the super bright whites mess with my eyes a lot. Ive install flux and am going to give it a try. Im wondering if anybody else has any suggestion for program that might work better than flux, if any?

My OS is Linux Mint 17.3

Hey b0n3z, I'd like a red tint too on my screen. How did you get yours?

Redshift on Linux, f.lux on Windows. No clue about OSX, but I'm sure one or the other also exists for that.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Pretty sure there's f.lux for mac as well. I think they started there.

Don't forget to disable it if you do photo editing! The slow shift will drive you crazy.

Edited by barry99705

Hey b0n3z, I'd like a red tint too on my screen. How did you get yours?

Redshift on Linux, f.lux on Windows. No clue about OSX, but I'm sure one or the other also exists for that.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

I used Redshift on linux, Google how to install and get the GUI user interface for it. Right after I started using it on Linux I looked for it on mac with no success but like barry siad use f.lux it works great for OSX. I installed it on my macbook and its working great. I never know that little bit of red or lack of blue would make such a difference but I wont work without it now. Even during the day I have it set to 5500k and I can tell a difference just with that minor change and at night its close to 3400K-3500K. Makes late nights on the computer easier on my eyes and easier to fall asleep.