Am i doing somethinhg wrong

kzipp

Hello Pineapple community and thanks for the wonderful tool

I got my pineapple and i am pretty new to this, i am trying to do some pen test on my firm network.

So i upgraded to the latest firmware, format sd, put eth0 in client mode.

all fine until there

then i install ALL the infusions, but at some point it gets into a boot loop. i do not understand why.

so,

1) can the pineapple support to have ALL the available infusions installed?

2) can it be the sd card formatting? (i am not able to format it via pc, only with the pinapple and the message confirms the succesfull format of the card)

3) can it be some infusions only creating the problem? (it usually occurs after ssl split, wps and notify, but i am not 100% on this)

4) are there some infusions that must be installed only on system rather than sd?

thanks in advance for your time

kzipp

yes

in that case it works. but i do not have any infusions.

now i managed to get a friend with a windows computer and i was able to format the card from there

before formatting i noticed that the card was formatted with 2 partitions that windows couldn't read.

now it has been formatted in fat and i am about to reflash the pinapple

i will update on the results

You should format the sd card to ext4. Use the Pineapple or a Linux system to do this.

i did that

when i formatted in win in fat coudnt read

i am now installing the infusions one by one, rebooting after each one

no problems so far. But could it be possible that there is a limit on the mkV (techncal specifications limit) on how many infusions he can hold?

if the infusions are on the main page, means they are running?

if i "reduce them to bar" will that free up memory?

thanks

when i formatted in win in fat coudnt read

?

Windows can't read ext4 that's why I said do it in Linux or on the Pineapple. This sd card isn't for your Windows machine anyway so it shouldn't even be touching it.

But could it be possible that there is a limit on the mkV (techncal specifications limit) on how many infusions he can hold?

Yeah, the limit is the size of your sd card. If you are using the 2GB card that came with it you should be fine installing all infusions up until you start storing multiple captive portals, large logs, and a bunch of other stuff. Personally, I use a 16GB card with 2GB of it dedicated to swap.

Edited by sud0nick

Yeah, the limit is the size of your sd card. If you are using the 2GB card that came with it you should be fine installing all infusions up until you start storing multiple captive portals, large logs, and a bunch of other stuff. Personally, I use a 16GB card with 2GB of it dedicated to swap.

i am getting a new sd shipped 8gb

can yuo point me to a tut on how to set the swap?

do i need to change some conf on the mkV too after formatting?

i got kali as linux to use for this op

i appreciate your help Hak5 Zombie

Actually, I forgot to mention you can do this on Windows using MiniTool Partition Wizard. It's a fantastic tool that's really easy to use. You can download a free version on their website. This guide should help you.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2126363

Edit: To answer your second question there is something you have to modify on the Pineapple within the Resources infusion. It's how the sd card is mounted but I don't have access to my Pineapple right now so I can't post the configuration. You should be able to find it on the forums if you search. I think that's how I initially found it.

Edited by sud0nick