Pineapple did not come through customs (germany)

italogermano

Hello Comunity

it should be a wonderful day.... After looking feeled 200 times to the USPS Report it finally arrived on friday. The message to pick up my Pineapple (bigsmile all over my face)

But unfortunately as the customs officer opened the package, she was that kind of sure that this device was tested recently and told me that its not allowed here.

So she left me the choise to destroy or to send the package back. :-( So my question is. Had she the right to retain the package, because i cant the something inside the Pineapple i cant find here in germany...

Any suggestions would be nice.

I ordered three things:

ALFA AWUS036NEH

USBRubberDuckyDeluxe

Pineapple standard

She opened the package and she said "we know this device. it was recently tested from (some kind of Office/Institution) with the result that the wifi?? included is not conform with the german rules". In that moment i was a little bit confused, because i realized that i am 50 cm away from my long awaited Pineapple, but unable to reach. This sounds a little bit romantic, but in fact i really waited soooo long (3 Weeks) :-( and was looking forward to hold it in my arms. Ok let`s be serious again. I asked for the other two pieces the Duck and the Alfa-Usb and she told me that i can have them, but the Pineapple gets destroyed. Last option was to return the whole package back.

Thank you for your fast support!

Thank you. Last thing .... I cant get why the Pineapple is not allowed while the Alfa u121 is. It`s exactly the same hardware. So i called the custom office and what a luck i talked to the officer from yesterday. In clear words.... "declaration of conformity" that is the missing thing. So thank you for your support. Thread can be closed.

Had once the same problem importing a FPV Tx from the US. No declaration of conformity and no CE label on the box nor unit itself. My 1.000 USD package was destroyed, Belgian customs didn't want to send it back. I also risked a fine for importing goods that are not allowed.

The WiFi Pineapple MKV is not the same as the alfa, as it has two radios, and other hardware differences.

It also conforms go fcc regulations and unless he law has changed, is legal in Germany.

Documents proving this can be requested from the hakshop - we'll sort this out, if we legally can.

Best regards,

Sebkinne

italogermano,

We're going to make this right. As Seb has pointed out, the MK5 is totally legal. We have the Declaration of Conformity here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1kHHuoTR841T0hpbHYzYk1MUlUzVExHbDBLNFdteEZYRGln/view?usp=sharing

I'm making changes to our shipping process to ensure this doesn't happen again. If you would be so kind as to email shop@hak5.org as well as myself, darren@hak5.org, with the order number, we're going to expedite a replacement MK5 along with the necessary documentation to you via DHL. If all goes well you should have it by the end of the week.

Regards,

Darren

Wow. I don`t have words for your awesome support! Not finally of the Email support that answered in a matter of hours. Daren Kitchen noticed me, that another package is right on the way and sent through DHL Express in just a couple of days it will arrive. Awesome, great!! Never expected something like that.

Thank you!

• 5 months later...

ok... same here. My Parcel with the Pineapple Wifi is in Munich at the customs. They tell me i must be destroyed or send back.

Ich send them the declaration of conformity and hope that will work.

i meant "it" not "i"

Hope they don't want to destroy me ;)

ok... same here. My Parcel with the Pineapple Wifi is in Munich at the customs. They tell me i must be destroyed or send back.

Being that this thread is over 6 months old and has been marked as answered it probably would have been better to start a new thread. All-in-all, I hope that sending them the declaration of conformity works out for you, you may want to call them as soon as you can to ensure that they properly received it and have not yet begun the process to destroy your pineapple. Best of luck! If they do wind up destroying it be sure to email support@hak5.org and inform them of the incident along with your order number and I'm sure they'd be more than happy to help you out.

Edited by Sildaekar

Being that this thread is over 6 months old and has been marked as answered it probably would have been better to start a new thread.

Actually, I'm happy he used the search feature and found something relevant to his current problem. There is no need to create a whole new thread since his post brought this one back up to the top for everyone to see. In fact it's better that this one was resurrected because apparently the lack of a declaration of conformity is still a problem.

In fact it's better that this one was resurrected because apparently the lack of a declaration of conformity is still a problem.

I guess you're right...I didn't think about it like that :p

Did you order from the Hakshop or from the EU shop?

• 4 weeks later...

sorry for late response.

It was ordered via Hakshop.

It was a bit of a struggle at the customs. After they crosschecked the Declaration of Conformity (provided above) they gave it to me. But it took a day.

Happens. We Germans love this stuff :(

Best Regards,

Sebkinne