SAM Problem

Noob

School Computers use Altiris Bootworks (or Altiris Deployment System) to connect to the server , runnign Win 2000 Professional, I tried dumping SAM file but waste of time , obviously due to lack of admin priveleges..........

Acc to me >> no use in booting with a floppy and doing all those previously done stuff , as the real SAM file is in the main server , which we connect using Bootworks.....

Is there any way to dump SAM files bypassing the priveleges,

Sounds like they have their shit together. What makes you think they're still using SAM files in the first place? I'd expect an Active Directory installation that houses the currently valid accounts.

I may not be reading this right, I may not be hearing this right... I may not be feeling it right but you know, this smells and tastes like an "omg im gonna h4xx0r my skool netw0rk and potentially screw up my relationship with the staff, my school life, potentially career and entire working life!!!" thread...

Some 1 save me from making this a sticky spam POST

Pls reply to the topic pros.......... :(

You what?

You can't sticky a post... and if you spam you'll get banned...

@VaKo:

Ehh no worries, I switched to rubber desks for the next batch ;)

Your last post didn't make any sense to me, but what Moonlit was addressing is the simple fact that this is not the Crack.5 forum. We're willing to help you learn stuff about technology, even if that means you wind up figuring out how to hack, say, a school network. The problem here is that you come in here saying "Help me hack a school network". It might seem like a small difference, but it does place you on the wrong side of the fence.

And I can assure you that if the direction this thread takes will be further away from that imaginary fence, this thread won't last very long.

It means that I rolled my eyes at your last message. You're so persistant after we've explained between us that we're not going to help you crack your school network.

Last orders at the bar... time please, gentlemen...

But according to your original post you intend to use that knowledge to gain something from your school network.

Time please gents... come on lads, grab your coats, long ofter kick out time, out you go...