Bigger SD card

reaper_666

Yes, of course!

1.) Remove old Card from Pineapple

2.) Insert new Card into Pineapple and format it (So you have a data partion and a swap partiton)

3.) Remove the new card

4.) On a PC copy the content directly from one card to the other or copy it to your HDD and then to the new one.

You will need a Linux OS for step 4.) to avoid problems!

I'm using a 32gb class 10.

Simply plug it into the pineapple, open the "Resources" infusion and select the "USB Info" tab. Then click the "Format SD Card - (Experimental)" link. Once it finishes formatting, you're done.

It is easy to copy the content, but it isn't necessary just for changing cards, and the infusions are easy to re-install.

I generally just use WinSCP (scp or pscp) to copy files to/from the pineapple.

Edited by fringes

With Linux copy/past from one to the other cord it doesn't work. When i put the card in my cardreader or usb adapter i get following error.

Error mounting /dev/mmcblk0p2 at /media/reaper/F81D-34DA: Command-line `mount -t "vfat" -o "uhelper=udisks2,nodev,nosuid,uid=1000,gid=1000,shortname=mixed,dmask=0077,utf8=1,showexec,flush" "/dev/mmcblk0p2" "/media/reaper/F81D-34DA"' exited with non-zero exit status 32: mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mmcblk0p2,
missing codepage or helper program, or other error
In some cases useful info is found in syslog - try
dmesg | tail or so

later i will try the solution from fringes

wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/mmcblk0p2

The SD-Card seems to be corrupt... If the WifiPineapple still read the card use SCP/WinSCP to copy the files.

I don't know its corruptet or not. i bought the pineapple 2.nd hand. Best thing i reset my pineapple..... is that possible? Will the pineapple accept the new card? I formatted the new card once with the pineapple. When i also reset the pineapple can the pineapple use the new card?

Are we talking about the old or new card as being corrupt? The error suggests it's not formatted "vfat". If you followed my instructions, that's good, 'cause it's not. Please separate the problems getting it mounted in Linux and the problems using it in the pineapple.

Are you saying that after following my instructions (and rebooting), that the pineapple didn't recognize the new card? How are you verifying this? SSH into the pineapple and type "mount". You should see a line that looks like:

/dev/sdcard/sd1 on /sd type ext4 (rw,relatime,user_xattr,barrier=1,data=ordered)

If you don't then you do have a problem.