Having trouble accessing Netgear WN602v2's

phagerx1

Hey guys, could use some help with a couple of WN602's i got lying around that i want to try to turn into access points.

Hooked one up like any other router and instantly found out they got no DHCP so had to find out the ip to access them (169.254.57.200).
Responds to ping on (169.254.57.200) but web server is not running on the usual port 80 or 8080.

So i decided to run Nmap to see if it would give any useful information about any services that might be
running to get access to the router i had setup.

Did not get much to go on, was rather suprised of the lack of services running on it.

nmap -sS -Pn 169.254.57.200

135/tcp OPEN msrpc
2869/tcp OPEN icslap
49152/tcp OPEN unknown
49153/tcp OPEN unknown
49155/tcp OPEN unknown
49156/tcp OPEN unknown
49159/tcp OPEN unknown

Visiting (169.254.57.200:2869) only results in a Error 503 page but atleast i've located what
port the webserver is running on.

So decided to run Httprint to see what webserver it was running to see if it was something i could exploit.

Sadly it was blocked so i got no useful information what so ever.
My guess at the moment it's running some version of ModSecurity which is blocking Httprint.

./httprint -h 169.254.57.200:2869 -s signatures.txt

Finger Printing on http://169.254.57.200:2869/
Finger Printing Completed on http://169.254.57.200:2869/
-----------------------------------------------------------------
Host: 169.254.57.200
Fingerprinting Error: Invalid response from server, check configuration...

I can't find any information other then it seems WN602v2's are running OpenWRT Kamikaze 7.09
and it seems another guy on this forum has managed to get access to them (link)

Since the guy in the the thread linked above did not include any details in just how he managed to access his WN602 i'm at a rather loss since i can't figure it out.
Obvious thing would be to PM him, but according to his profile he has not been on for quite some time.

If anyone can give any tips or information i'd be greatful.

Thanks for any and all assistance.
-- Phagerx1

Did you try to factory-reset it? Here's a guide for a similar (but different) model router.

Hey, thanks for the reply.

There is no external way to do a factory reset.

C0B742D0-857C-40EB-8C96-E6034C8DEBA5.JPG

Gonna try pairing two of these units later tonight to see if that will cause them to start any other services.. doubtful but it's all i got.

When you say "they got no DHCP" do you mean the devices don't contain a working DHCP server or do you mean they don't acquire their IP address using DHCP?

According to APIPA/RFC3927 the used IP address is for when no IP address could be assigned via other means. I'm wondering if providing a real DHCP server will set things into motion that are currently unavailable.

• 2 weeks later...

Many times they'll be a small hole, paper clip wire size, that you can put a paper clip into to do a Hard Reset. Look around for that small hole and see if you can find it. If so that's where you can do a factory hard reset.

• 5 weeks later...

there is some screw holes under the rubberfeet if i remember correct,

and on the motherboard there are pins where you can connect a console cable,

on the ones in my closset there where also room for a seccond Ethernet port, so if you know how to use a soldering iron, and manage to flash it, you will have a nice little box... :)

by the way, if i remember correct it presents itself as another model when booting, and the model its showing via the console is easier to find an image for, cant remember if its openwrt or ddwrt, but im sure you will find it ;-)

Edited by httpCRASH