No internet for connected clients?

Hey guys, first time poster here needing a little help with an issue. The Mark V has been working great since I got it but the past few weeks I've had a problem getting the Pineapples internet connection to pass through to the clients connected to the AP, If I look in the Network tile I can see that Wlan0 and Wlan1 are both in the UP state and I'm generating an IP address on the Pineapple itself. The device is successfully connected to my home network but no matter what I do (I even gave up and tried a factory reset) every device and computer I test on it just says that it is not connected to the internet. Any idea what could be causing this?

Yeah, I'm showing an external IP in my Network tile. The weird thing to me is that while running Random Roll or Karma, I can still see the clients connected and the sites they are trying to reach. I'm just not providing the data connection back for them. All they get is the standard "You are offline" message from chrome and Firefox. The clients have no problem connecting or detecting the AP though. Thanks for the quick reply btw :smile:

You havn't by any chance messed with any IP Tables or routing have you? If you have you may want to reverse them.

Also try connecting other ethernet and disconnecting from any wireless and trying to get to say google.com just through the pineapple, then we can atleast see if it is affecting all interfaces or just wlan.

Oh god no, I try not to mess with those as much as I can. I set the Pineapple on ethernet and disabled Wlan1, I can ping Google.com from ssh without problem but I still unable to provide any connection to my clients. I took a look in ipconfig and noticed that I'm not showing a default gateway for the shared connection, Could this be related?

Windows IP Configuration

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::d866:b0df:d61d:ec60%13

IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 172.16.42.42

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . :

Here ya' go

Eth0 only

Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
default 172.16.42.42 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 br-lan
172.16.42.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 br-lan
Eth0 and Wlan1
Kernel IP routing table
default 10.0.0.1 0.0.0.0 UG 0 0 0 wlan1
10.0.0.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 wlan1
Edited by NobodyImportant

Before
Kernel IP routing table
After
Kernel IP routing table

Still no internet connection to the clients, Was I supposed to substitute anything for the default part of that command?

Having the same issue.

Karma running, accepting connections and providing IP addresses on the 192.168.2.x segment.

However, the wlan0 interface shows no IP address.

So the connected devices, through Karma, are getting a 192.168.2.x address with a default router of 192.168.2.1 but nothing is routing through on the Pineapple.

The GUI has no configuration options for the karma IP addresses, so not sure what to try...

Uhhhh just curious are you giving clients internet over Ethernet cause i always use the client mode feature to provide internet to clients.

Uhhhh just curious are you giving clients internet over Ethernet cause i always use the client mode feature to provide internet to clients.

Pineapple running with wlan1 connected to Internet, wlan0 accepting connections with Karma

The Ethernet port is connected to my laptop to configure the PineApple.

You seem to be describing my setup. I have Wlan1 connected to my homes WiFi for Internet access, am running karma on what I believe is Wlan0. Connecting devices are getting a 192.168.2.x address, but cannot route anywhere since the PineApple is not acting a a default gateway for 192.168.2.1 (as supplied by the PineApples DHCP).

Routing table has no entry for 192.168.2.0 network, nothing is listed on Wlan0

And I am running 2.0.2...

????

I am having this same issue. I have been able to get the WLAN0 to provide internet through the ICS a couple of times, but only for a couple of minutes and then it shuts back off. It isn't consistent and I'm really not sure why that would happen. But internet pass-through has been a consistent issue with my MKV. I have also found that when I can get internet, as soon as I fire up SSLStrip or really anything else, I can't manage to get internet afterwards. And yes, I do happen to be using a Mac :-P

Exact same issue with Windows. It works for awhile but as soon as I use sslstrip or any of the other features it stops providing Internet to the client. Default routes are there but it doesn't route anything. I have tried resetting to factory, reflashing, etc. It has to be something with this version of the firmware. It even eventually stops if I just use the MKV as an access point and don't do anything with clients. Runs for about 20 mins and then it stops routing, reboot and it's back for about 15-20 mins and then stops working again.

Definitely frustrated. Hopefully somebody can figure out what is causing this. Not good on the second day using the device.

I am having this same issue. I have been able to get the WLAN0 to provide internet through the ICS a couple of times, but only for a couple of minutes and then it shuts back off. It isn't consistent and I'm really not sure why that would happen. But internet pass-through has been a consistent issue with my MKV. I have also found that when I can get internet, as soon as I fire up SSLStrip or really anything else, I can't manage to get internet afterwards. And yes, I do happen to be using a Mac :-P

Exact same issue with Windows. It works for awhile but as soon as I use sslstrip or any of the other features it stops providing Internet to the client. Default routes are there but it doesn't route anything. I have tried resetting to factory, reflashing, etc. It has to be something with this version of the firmware. It even eventually stops if I just use the MKV as an access point and don't do anything with clients. Runs for about 20 mins and then it stops routing, reboot and it's back for about 15-20 mins and then stops working again.

Definitely frustrated. Hopefully somebody can figure out what is causing this. Not good on the second day using the device.

i had same issue... running 2.0.3 now with no infusion... just connect internet thru client mode... suddenly within 15-20mins it stuck with no internet connection... even new device try to get connect it reject..... but AP still on air

i had same issue... running 2.0.3 now with no infusion... just connect internet thru client mode... suddenly within 15-20mins it stuck with no internet connection... even new device try to get connect it reject..... but AP still on air

The Network Infusion back for 1.2.0 a 2.3 patch was released that was supposed to fix the Client Mode Disconnect issue its possible its broke again in 2.0.2 im testing 1.2.0 with the 2.3 patch for the network infusion right now to see if the internet will still be working by 2 pm Sunday if it does it might be a bug again in the network infusion won't be any firmware updates till Seb gets back from his vacation.

The Network Infusion back for 1.2.0 a 2.3 patch was released that was supposed to fix the Client Mode Disconnect issue its possible its broke again in 2.0.2 im testing 1.2.0 with the 2.3 patch for the network infusion right now to see if the internet will still be working by 2 pm Sunday if it does it might be a bug again in the network infusion won't be any firmware updates till Seb gets back from his vacation.

Hi ZaraByte...

you mean i have to do factory1.2.0.bin first? while i dont have any problem upgrading from webinterface.. then upgrade firmware 2.0.3... problem solve? from begining i never do a factory because insturction say if got bricked.... please share more with me and others.. Thanks