Resetting Defaults with Dip Switches Not Working

evil666

Had this pineapple wifi for about a month or so now. Thought I forgot the password to the webpage. Put dip switches 2 and 3 down and powered on. This did not kick on the reset to defaults, it sat for 20 mins with a solid green and blinking blue LED. Going through the web UI does though, and it works fine. Something I am doing wrong or is there a defect?

Since I thought I locked myself out, I put dipswich 5 down and went to the firmware recover webpage and it loaded fine. I uploaded the latest update file from https://wifipineapple.com/?downloads. Webpage showed firmware update failed. I assume it was because this was an update file and since I was already on the same version this is why it failed. Well crap, whats the point of having a recovery page if it cant recover? Maybe its just bad juju on my end.

Edited by evil666

Had this pineapple wifi for about a month or so now. Thought I forgot the password to the webpage. Put dip switches 2 and 3 down and powered on. This did not kick on the reset to defaults, it sat for 20 mins with a solid green and blinking blue LED. Going through the web UI does though, and it works fine. Something I am doing wrong or is there a defect?

Since I thought I locked myself out, I put dipswich 5 down and went to the firmware recover webpage and it loaded fine. I uploaded the latest update file from https://wifipineapple.com/?downloads. Webpage showed firmware update failed. I assume it was because this was an update file and since I was already on the same version this is why it failed. Well crap, whats the point of having a recovery page if it cant recover? Maybe its just bad juju on my end.

Please read the instructions on our flashing page carefully. You need to download a special upgrade file.

Beat regards,

Sebkinne

• 2 weeks later...