Cell phone jammers!

Does anyone have a cell phone jammer that they would recommend. I know its illegal and don't comment if you don't like it!!! So does anyone know what one is good because im not going to buy one i am just interested in them lately so if anyone knows anything about them i would love to hear your opinion

As You said they are illegal so when you get caught with it enjoy your fine or jail time. Recently some guy was fined if im not mistaken for causing problems with cell phone service as he drove to work.

There are a few ways you can do this. One is the use a cellphone with a modified baseband and as Packet Ninja said spam the crap out of the frequencies. This can be in a range of 10 feet or a mile depending on the radio. Most of this is illegal unless you have FCC permission. I know a while back ( a year or two ago) it was legal for someone to use one within a 10-20 foot radius but i think it became so bad they made it illegal completely. Another way is to get a wireless providers in-home tower, mod the baseband and use that to intercept packets rather then for the actually tower too. With this tho i think i remember hak5 covering someone doing this at one point and decrypting the packets.

There are a few ways you can do this. One is the use a cellphone with a modified baseband and as Packet Ninja said spam the crap out of the frequencies. This can be in a range of 10 feet or a mile depending on the radio. Most of this is illegal unless you have FCC permission. I know a while back ( a year or two ago) it was legal for someone to use one within a 10-20 foot radius but i think it became so bad they made it illegal completely. Another way is to get a wireless providers in-home tower, mod the baseband and use that to intercept packets rather then for the actually tower too. With this tho i think i remember hak5 covering someone doing this at one point and decrypting the packets.

Thanks super-6-1 for the idea and i know that this is a touchy topic because of the law but you know what that doesnt mean we cant talk about it and share information

Guest spazi

It's just spamming white noise using a noise generator, and broadcasting it on the frequency you want.

The white noise could probably be whatever. And you could use the hackrf.

There was a guy at defcon talking about hacking gsm by spamming 3g with whitenoise, thus forcing phones to use the gsm band.

You should look into that.

Edited by spazi

Thanks and This brings up another question that I have....

Where can i learn how to be better with hardware because i have been focusing on software so far and I really want to get into hardware so does anyone have any suggestion on where I should start

-Thanks