Redirect.php on pinapple

Hi all

I had posted this in infusions, but it has been suggested to move here instead.

I have three weeks off work coming up as the plant is shutting down for the end of finacial year due to low orders...so I been told to take time off...

So what I am planning to do is to experiment with the pinapple redirect.php

I want to redirect to the web sites on the pinapple, but after the first redirect, allow the connect client to go to the original website from then on.

My question...has anyone else tried to do this...or any other ideas on the pro or cons of this

Has this be tried before..

I don't quite understand your description. You see, redirecting means to send someone off-site most of the time.

What you seem to want is to get a client redirected TO the Pineapple, possibly do something there, and then redirect the client BACK TO the original website, him none the wiser, yes?

Let's start at the beginning. How do you plan to get the client to connect to the pineapple in the first place? Will you use DNS spoof or something else?

The way I typically set about these sorts of things is I piece together the flow, fill in the bits I know will be there or I want to be there and work my way out until I have the complete chain. Then I try to find whatever programs that are capable of doing what I need to see done. The big mistake is to say 'I want to use <program> so do <something>'. The thing to say is 'I want to do <something>. What do I need to get this done?' and the programs will come along eventually.

So, first define the something. Then specify a flow that would lead to something and finally assign programs to each part of that flow.

What I want to do is let the pineapple redirect any web request that match stored web pages on the pineapple, to capture login details, but after the first time and the details are connected, any further attempts will pass to the correct website, either by the second radio connected to an AP, or a 3g usb modem, so they have normal uninteruped internet service.

I figure a little bit of logic in a script to say if the connected client has been redirected once, then ignore any futher rediretion and connect to the correct web pages on the internet.

I am planning to attempt this in my time off

Just wanted to know if anyone else has tried to do this

Hi all

I had posted this in infusions, but it has been suggested to move here instead.

I have three weeks off work coming up as the plant is shutting down for the end of finacial year due to low orders...so I been told to take time off...

So what I am planning to do is to experiment with the pinapple redirect.php

I want to redirect to the web sites on the pinapple, but after the first redirect, allow the connect client to go to the original website from then on.

My question...has anyone else tried to do this...or any other ideas on the pro or cons of this

Has this be tried before..

Yes, this is completely possible.

You would basically have to write a PHP proxy. Take the user's request in, make the request to the website, modify the response of the website (links, forms etc), output it to the user.

It's going to take some time but it is definitely possible. In fact, this is something we could consider building and adding to our firmwares.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne

Thanks for the input, it has given me some experiment ideas to muck around with while I am off.

We will see what I can come up with