Talk To A User Using Terminal And Ip

Retr0

No it didn't work nothing happened i don't think it works on a mac and sometimes it will give me this message when I'm trying to listen on the port

usage: nc [-K tc] [-b boundif] [-i interval] [-p source_port] [-s source_ip_address] [-w timeout] [-X proxy_version] [-x proxy_address[:port]] [hostname] [port]

thats why i need and alternative option right now, so would one of these commands work ? talk command, write command, and mail command

And why, do you think, did it tell you that? What command did you give when that was the response? What did you do to remedy it? Did it work when you got that? Did you try alternative invocations of the command? Did that work?

This is the type of stuff we expect you to figure out.

Cooper I have tried it it won't work!! I don't think i can do it on a Mac if you guys get it to work on mac tell me how you did it :) so right now I need an alternate way to send a message to an IP so dose any one know how to do it with one of these commands talk, write, and mail command ? or any outer command I am forgetting about that might work ?

What does your mom ask you dad when he's swearing at the blinking "12:00" on the display of the brand new oven and he claims the bloody thing doesn't work?

Did you check out the manual?

What did you try?

How did it respond when you tried it?

You can go on forever claiming "It doesn't work" but until you can state WHY it doesn't work you're not getting any closer to an answer.

And you won't get any further with any other tools as they, too, will at some point bite you in the ass and "not work".

Cooper No need to get frustrating or mad hear I am just trying to find out if it is possible to send a message to an ip, and yes i have read the manual (http://linux.die.net/man/1/nc)%C2'> i have tried everything or I would not be asking you guys if it was that easy, I would not be replying to this form if i have not tried everything with the tips you guys give me. And right now I cannot get the NetCat To work on my computer ( And Yes Cooper I Have Tried Almost Every Thing!!!) So can someone else give me any tips on how to send a message to an IP without using NetCat