NSA secret contract with RSA

Jomba

If you haven't had the chance to read this yet here it is.

http://news.yahoo.com/exclusive-secret-contract-tied-nsa-security-industry-pioneer-001729620--finance.html

So the next question is what other factions of the security realm has the government bought into? We all know US Naval Research played a big role in Tor. What else has the government secretly bought into under another name?

Someone hacked RSA keys last year or so, so them having backdoors, doesn't surprise me in the least. They have access to most companies, social networks and devices these days that operate in the US, but yeah, they are pretty much putting security to shit overall these days, and people wonder why Snowden ran BEFORE whistleblowing. I'm not saying he should of, becuase the courts probably would of went in his favor like other whistleblowers that followed the chain of command and proper channels, but then again, those people that did, were arrested and the government tried to sue them. They were lucky enough to win, but that also cost them a big chuck of their lives and careers in doing so. I'm sure there is more dirt higher up, just a matter of whether or not someone has the balls to follow their oath to uphold the law against all enemies, foreign, AND DOMESTIC, even when its our own government or its agencies.

just a matter of whether or not someone has the balls to follow their oath to uphold the law against all enemies, foreign, AND DOMESTIC, even when its our own government or its agencies.

Amen Tell it preacher Digip

Amen Tell it preacher Digip

Sure, I think most of us wish people would have the courage do uphold the freedoms that the founders of this country gave us all. The sad part is take a look at history, there aren't many other like Bill Binney, mostly a lot of people just doing what they're told. The Defcon 20 Bigger Monster Weaker Chains, shows just how easy it is to cover up privacy right violations by intimidating employees of the NSA. Snowden's documents will help to catch us all up to speed.

There's a lot of questions I would like to know the answer to. Are US Troops really being asked if they would shoot US citizens? Does the US Government own forums like this? They probably don't need to with Prism, but are there forums that have been setup under a false pretense, what are they? I've talked with a couple people on IRC, that think HellboundHackers is a government site, not owned but a third party or outsourced thing.