CPU's

mazmac24

I don't know if to go for the AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ / 2MB Cache / 2000MHz FSB / Socket 939 / Dual-Core / Processor with Fan for 300$ or AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ / 1MB Cache / 2000MHz FSB / Socket 939 / Dual-Core / Processor with Fan for 250$. Or does anybody have any better suggestion? My cpu fried on my old computer and I'mbuying a whole new motherboard and cpu. A want a dual core becuase i'm a gamer and i need power hogage. (is that even a word?)

Anyone have any really good ideas for cpu's?

Well, ask yourself: Is a processor, that by AMD's own admission is less than 5% faster (4600 vs 4800) worth a 20% increase in purchase price to you.

Nobody other than you yourself can answer that question.

Also, currently very, very few games can make use of that second CPU. I can understand you wanting one, but "for games" is the wrong reason for it.

Intel Core 2 Duo: from $179.00 for a E6300 1.86GHz / 2MB Cache / 1066MHz FSB to $528 for a E6700 2.67GHz / 4MB Cache / 1066MHz FSB. I can't afford anything good. On my part, amd dual core is more affordable but is core 2 duo really better?