Pineapple sold elsewhere?!

iamk3

Thats the mqanufacture of the hardware that the pineapple runs on. It is set up as a standard AP and does not include the features / software the Pineapple does. Also i believe that the bootloader is locked.

Alfa is the manufacturer, data-alliance is a distributor. Unless they are the same company.

Also, directly from the link above.

"Data Alliance offers this AP with the Hornet-UB board, with Pineapple Mark IV firmware wireless router operating system."

Alfa is the manufacturer, data-alliance is a distributor. Unless they are the same company.

"Data Alliance offers this AP with the Hornet-UB board, with Pineapple Mark IV firmware wireless router operating system."

Yes you are correct that the manufacture is alfa and that Data Alliance is the retailer, Kind of rushe into that one i knew better, But still the hardware is the same but the pineapple firmware is not on the device sold by Data Alliance.

Edited by mreidiv

Why would they make the above statement on the product page? They also sell just the hardware or the hardware with openwrt for about $10 cheaper.

Have you actually clicked on and read the link I posted?

Or am I completely missing something?