Samsung Galaxy S3 - AUX Audio

Mr-Protocol

Personally, my car doesn't have an aux port. But since the G1 days i've been using PlayerPro with it's addon DSP pack. Don't know if something like that would help you. Also you could try something like Volume Boost or Beats Audio.

Do you charge your phone while playing music? If so, try unplugging the charger. If it sounds better, it means you have a ground loop(basically 2 paths to the negative terminal of your car battery). This is a common occurrence with many portable devices. Apple's devices seem to be one of the few that don't seem to suffer from it because they seem to isolate the grounds within the device, and tend to have nicer quality DAC's (digital-analog converter).

If this is the case, you have a few solutions:

1. Get a ground loop isolator like this one

2. Use a head unit that plays your music via USB connection, which will also charge your device.

3. Use bluetooth or get a bluetooth aux adaptor like this

I dont have a car charger. But it just sounds like shit. I bought a cable which was a headset extender because my case is so bulky. Couldn't fit the 3.5 mm audio cable directly.

The headset extender supports the microphone too, so I wonder if that is half my problem?

All my phones, have always done that, when no music is playing. (Assuming using the headphone jack to a casette deck?) Our truck has a dolby noise reducer for tapes though, and gets rid of the buzz and him between and during songs though. Its also good idea, to buy a higher quality headphone to car jack, without the tin tips. They corrode after time. The ones with the electroplated gold tops, sound better, and last longer. We've gone through probably 5 in the past 10 years of using our phones as MP3 players for the truck stereo.

I dont have a car charger. But it just sounds like shit. I bought a cable which was a headset extender because my case is so bulky. Couldn't fit the 3.5 mm audio cable directly.

The headset extender supports the microphone too, so I wonder if that is half my problem?

The one with 3, vs 2, makes it both headphone and microphone capable, but I doubt thats causing the background noise. Sometimes just moving the cable and playing with the jack makes the noise go away, but for the most part, all the phones we've had, make a buzz, and the dolby noise reducer, has been the one thing on our ford radio, thats gotten rid of it and higher quality jacks. For our SII phones, we have to take the hard cover off(not base case, just extra protector case) just to get the jack to fit in the phone, but I would still look for a better jack and cable.

Think ethernet. Twisted pair cancels noise on the line. You might be able to make something by twisting cable around it and using a ferrite bead at each end of the cable as well, which should also reduce noise, but thats a bit extreme.

I wouldn't say it's creating background noise or getting EMI. Rather is totally raping my audio because the phone thinks it's a shitty pair of headset speakers versus my car speakers. I will just have to rip open my case and test without this extender I have.

I have the Samsung Galaxy S3 as well as a car system that support the aux jack hookup. When I am not charging the phone off of the car thus not having the dual ground issue then the sound quality is great. (Obviously it isn't the best being a phone but good for phone quality) I have had trouble with the mic added cables before as well. Stop by your local hobby shop and just pick up a basic cable to do the job, should only be a few bucks. If there is still an issue it is either the head unit or the phone.