bricked AP121U?

vito72

While trying to flash the router using the serial method, I have (stupid enough) attached the power (vdd) as well.. The router is now in a state where all lights flash repeatedly and has no sign of life other than that... Any solutions anyone please?

While trying to flash the router using the serial method, I have (stupid enough) attached the power (vdd) as well.. The router is now in a state where all lights flash repeatedly and has no sign of life other than that... Any solutions anyone please?

I think you may have pwned the routers cpu, try putting it into failsafe mode and see if you get anywhere.

-Foxtrot

Does this mean it's toasted or is there any quick fix? The Wiki does not state the light flashing codes nor can I find anythging on the net...

I think holding down the wps button until it blinks rapidly is how you do it... not sure though, But; I'm sorry to say you've probly fried the chipz by over-volting it.

-Foxtrot

No it doesn't, what does happen though is that the Ü character pops up in the terminal... I'm a network consultant, not much of an electronics guy :-/ but could it be that a condensator has gone? I would say the cpu itself is protected by the circuit somehow..

I'm sure the lights flashing and the frequency of it would be an indication of what's wrong exactly. Whereas if it would be completely nuked it would just stay dark and cold.. Again, I'm not an electronics man.Thank you guys for the help so far though!

I'm sure the lights flashing and the frequency of it would be an indication of what's wrong exactly. Whereas if it would be completely nuked it would just stay dark and cold.. Again, I'm not an electronics man.Thank you guys for the help so far though!

Hmm, Try making sure you havn't got flow control and that stuff on, and afaik, anything other than the lights turning on normally shows a dead modem, I remember doing the same thing with an old Belkin router.

-Foxtrot

I've done everything to the letter this time ;-) tried various variations of reset and wps pressing both on power on and after as well.. I shall be talking to an electronics guy tomorrow, hope he has a solution if not I will have to write it of I guess..

I've done everything to the letter this time ;-) tried various variations of reset and wps pressing both on power on and after as well.. I shall be talking to an electronics guy tomorrow, hope he has a solution if not I will have to write it of I guess..

If you do write it off, Keep the case, and maybe the pcb incase you need any of the components, The case could be handy if you decide to get another pineapple, and use the case to house a battery pack. And everyone wants capacitors/RJ45 Jacks.

-Foxtrot

Posted · Hidden by Sebkinne, March 12, 2013 - Is this guy serious? Three posts, three threads, three times not his.
Hidden by Sebkinne, March 12, 2013 - Is this guy serious? Three posts, three threads, three times not his.
Iv'e done every step by step to do a clean flash over TTL UART OVER SERIAL because iv'e bricked it.

Iv'e set the local area connection to iP 192.168.2.11 for the pinapple Iv'e set the same IP on Tftpd server.

Iv'e set up putty right, serial line COM3 speed 115200, even in the serial tab flow control none.

but putty is where i'm having a problem. once i open it i choosed 1, then i open Trtpd64 server

I set my server interface to 192.168.2.11 change my dir to the factory files

i run in putty "setenv bootargs "board=ALFA console=ttyATH0,115200 rootfstype=squashfs,jffs2 noinitrd"

"saveenv"

"tftp 0x80600000 kernel.bin" < this is where i get stuck!

putty say's

ar7240> tftp 0x80600000 kernel.bin

eth0 link down

FAIL

dup 1 speed 1000

Using eth1 device

TFTP from server "192.168.2.100";<(problem) our IP address is 192.168.2.1

Filename 'kernel.bin'.

Load address: 0x80600000

Loading: T T T T T T T T T T

Retry count exceeded; starting again

eth0 link down

FAIL

I can't get TFTP from server to connect to 192.168.2.11 it try's to connect to 192.168.2.100. on Putty

Iv'e tried everything i can think of

PLZ HELP THNKS ALOT