Need a new phone

badbass

I My phone is a tablet I want something smaller. The big thing is wifi tethering. Do android phones do this automaticaly. Then I will get something else to do what my tablet does. The big problem is running out of memory. I will get a separet tablet or netbook to take care of every thing else. Maybe I should look at wikipedia instead of google. Just want a basic phone with wifi tethering. Any ideas.

I'm pretty sure you need to root it to get tethering working, though you could use FoxFi to create an access point that would feed off of your data and connect to that, I don't think that requires root access. I'd say you could probably get away with a Droid 4 or something along the lines of that, it really depends what you mean by "basic".

• 2 weeks later...

If you buy the Galaxy Nexus or Nexus 4 from Google they will do tethering out-of-the-box without any additional apps.

Like Sitwon said, go for the Nexus 4, i recently upgraded to it and its awesome, the perfect size and has alot a processing power plus it supports tethering natively and for $299 + Shipping & Tax you can't go wrong.

Edited by MR. M

• 2 weeks later...