Shannon's (@snubs) Grandpa Needs a Lung Transplant

Snubs

Not often I make a new topic, but I'm trying to get the word out as much as possible about my grandpa, Papa JD.

Read the full story here:

http://www.snubsie.com/blog/2013/1/27/grandpa-jd-needs-a-lung-transplant.html

He needs a lung transplant, and he lives in the US where health care won't cover everything. Luckily the doctors think he's incredibly strong and has great willpower even at his older age, so they believe he can get a lung transplant very soon, but the medical costs are crazy high and they're stretching my grandparent's wallets. Boo medicare running out.

Anyways, a little goes a long ways. They'll need close to $100,000 for the transplant at least, and have received around $4000 in donations so far. I'm hoping I can get it up to $10,000 just from getting the word out.

If you can't help, or money is tough right now, do me a favor and pass the link along in your own networks. Or if you can spare a few bucks, please do! :)

Donate Via Paypal - Use the donate via paypal button on the blog page

Donate Via Credit Card

Donate Via Check

Make checks payable to:
HelpHOPELive
Note in memo section:
In Honor of J. D. Longfellow
Mail to:
HelpHOPELive
Two Radnor Corporate Center
100 Matsonford Road, Suite 100
Radnor, PA 19087

@shannon - start a http://www.gofundme.com/ and put the word out on twitter. I helped someone with their hernia surgery and its a great way to help so that anyone can donate. Blog it, tweet it, and mention it on the show! As far as I know, its also tax deductible, because I claimed it as a deduction with a printed copy of my receipt and it was accepted. Its not like kickstarter, where they can deny you a spot to raise money for charity, so look into it. Might help make a dent in the bills and if everyone dontates $100, we can get the ball rolling pretty quickly.

;)

Donation sent. PP link needs to be clicked form Snubs page to work.

Thank you so much guys- I saw the donations come in today!

Will be sending out copies of the receipts when I forward the funds to HelpHopeLive from my Paypal.

<3<3<3

Thanks for the info too, DigiP. I've been wondering about which site is best for a funding campaign and that looks like a good one!

Snubs, on 08 Feb 2013 - 19:34, said:

Thank you so much guys- I saw the donations come in today!

Will be sending out copies of the receipts when I forward the funds to HelpHopeLive from my Paypal.

<3<3<3

Thanks for the info too, DigiP. I've been wondering about which site is best for a funding campaign and that looks like a good one!

No problem. Never hurts to try as many outlets as possible. I know with PayPal, they can put a hold on your money, and even never pay you it, so be careful with them and donations, withdraw the money asap when using PayPal. They are total dicks when it comes to that sort of thing, and no way to get the money back. Its happened to HFC, and a number of others I know, so just keep an eye on the balance and withdraw it as soon as you can. Also, paypal, will make you pay taxes on it at the end of the year since they report it to the IRS as income, so another thing to think about. Unless you are a legal, on paper, documented 503c non profit, you'll be stuck with it as income tax at the end of the year.