iptables NAT help needed

digininja

I've got the following iptables rule

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8008

[/CODE]

and I need it to ignore requests where the destination is either localhost or the IP of the local machine. I know it can be done but to save me digging out my iptables references can anyone give me the answer?

So, looks like I got the wrong rule anyway, that one doesn't work.

What I'm doing is trying to set up the Pineapple to pass all HTTP traffic that goes through it through my proxy. When I access port 80 on the pineapple from a client the rule works but when I access web traffic through it it doesn't.

What do I need to do to modify traffic going over the bridge?

Did you use the correct port numbers?

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 -j REDIRECT --to-port 8008
[/CODE]

[code]iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --destination-port 80 ! -d 127.0.0.1 ! -d <local-IP> -j REDIRECT --to-port 8080

You said port 8008 and sitwon said 8080 ( wich is mostly used )

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't been able to test this yet, but could give it a run and see if it works for you. I used DNAT because it gives you more flexibility on where you want to send the traffic. Not sure if it'd make a difference or not.

iptables -t nat -A PREROUTING -p tcp --dport 80 ! -d <local-IP> -j DNAT --to 172.16.42.1:8080

Hope this helps!

Edited by ShadowBlade72