SFisher

Hey guys,

Sorry to be a complete noob about this but I'm stuck. I have spent a lot of time going over the forums and can't find anything to explain what is happening.

I recieved my pineapple 2 days ago after a lot of anticipation and couldn't wait to unbox and use it. I have been trying to get access into the UI ever since.

I plugged in the pineapple, it lit up on the PWR light, and after a minute the WLAN light started to flash. I connected my computer via ethernet to the WAN/LAN port and waited for my computer to connect. My system is a fully patched Win 7 box. In network connections, the pineapple shows up as a "Unidentified Network" and when I try to go to 172.16.42.1:1471 it tells me that the network is unavailable. I have attempted to ping that IP address and receive no reply. I have also tried a different cable, thinking that maybe the cable was losing connection somehow. I even tried switching to the PoE port thinking that I had that wrong... The Pineapple is broadcasting "pineapple (Last 2 digits of MAC)" and I can connect to it but still cannont access the UI....

As far as indicator lights go, the WLAN is blinking, LAN is off, USB is off, WAN is off, PWR is on, WPS is on. There is nothing connected to the USB port and nothing has been connected to the USB port yet.

Is this a brick out of the box or am I missing something?

Please tell me I'm not a total noob and that my Pineapple is not dead out of the box...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hey guys,

Sorry to be a complete noob about this but I'm stuck. I have spent a lot of time going over the forums and can't find anything to explain what is happening.

I recieved my pineapple 2 days ago after a lot of anticipation and couldn't wait to unbox and use it. I have been trying to get access into the UI ever since.

I plugged in the pineapple, it lit up on the PWR light, and after a minute the WLAN light started to flash. I connected my computer via ethernet to the WAN/LAN port and waited for my computer to connect. My system is a fully patched Win 7 box. In network connections, the pineapple shows up as a "Unidentified Network" and when I try to go to 172.16.42.1:1471 it tells me that the network is unavailable. I have attempted to ping that IP address and receive no reply. I have also tried a different cable, thinking that maybe the cable was losing connection somehow. I even tried switching to the PoE port thinking that I had that wrong... The Pineapple is broadcasting "pineapple (Last 2 digits of MAC)" and I can connect to it but still cannont access the UI....

As far as indicator lights go, the WLAN is blinking, LAN is off, USB is off, WAN is off, PWR is on, WPS is on. There is nothing connected to the USB port and nothing has been connected to the USB port yet.

Is this a brick out of the box or am I missing something?

Please tell me I'm not a total noob and that my Pineapple is not dead out of the box...

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Hello and welcome to the forums.

First of all, you should use the POE/Ethernet port.

Second of all, if your firmware version is below 2.6.4 please go to http://172.16.42.1/pineapple If you then upgrade to 2.7.0 you can go to the url you were going to.

Notice that when you connect over ethernet you need to set your laptop / desktop's IP to a static 172.16.42.42 as there is no DHCP running on the ethernet.

Best Regards,

Sebkinne