Module Install / Where To Start With Pineapple

Malachai

Hello all,

After fixing my pineapple and updating the firmware now I want to start playing around with it. Since i'm new to the whole pineapple thing where should I start?

I tried to configure my laptop that is running win 7 and vmware with ubuntu/backtrack to get traffic on there. I am having some issue on which network device I need to share my internet connection or steps on how to set that up so I could use backtrack or unbuntu plus pineapple.(hope that makes sense)

Other thing I keep reading on the forum is module...

Are modules special tools made for the pineapple and how do I get them plus install them? I tried to find them in the wiki site but can't find where to download or how they work.

Sorry for the dumb questions but I have to start at the bottom..lol...

Thanks,

Depends what you want to do, You can run these commands to set iptables rules so you can just plug your router into the wan port and everything will get internet from the wan instead of just the pineapple having internet

iptables -A FORWARD -i eth1 -o wlan0 -s 172.16.42.1 -m state --state NEW -j ACCEPT
iptables -A FORWARD -m state --state ESTABLISHED,RELATED -j ACCEPT
iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -o eth1 -j MASQUERA
[/CODE]

These also work if you want to put your pineapple between a modem and router then you can sniff eth1 with tcp dump

Well after reading a couple things, i started up my win 7 machine. changed my network adapter to 172.16.42.77. Then started up the pineapple, i was able to ping it. Then I started up my vwamre that I have ubuntu running. I was able to log into the pineapple and ping google. I believe I have my pineapple up and running with internet access going throw my wifi connection. Guess that was simple and stuff. lol...

Modules can be installed through the web interface of the pineapple. Modules extends the possibilities of the pineapple.

A quick-start is available on the wiki to help you start.

What do you mean the interface you could install them? Plus where do you get the modules from?