Alfa Ap121u

Dazzle

Hello everyone,

I've order an Alfa AP121U directly from Alfa, because I'm from europe.

Now I'd like to flash this with the MkIV firmware.

I've tried searching and I know I should upload the upgrade.bin to the tmp directory.

The webinterface looks like it's a custom Alfa firmware that's on there.

I enabled SSH in the web interface, but the page still shows me it's disabled, even though I can make a connection now

Loging in with the default username and password doesn't work for me and I am unable to find documentation on the router to get a default username and password

I hope it's still possible to flash my AP121U without a UART cable, since I would then have to wait till I finally receive that cable and I really want to get started using Jasager

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,

Oh that's too bad, any thought on where I can get a good UART cable in Europe (Holland specifically), Google doesn't really help me much

Thanks for your help!

Dazzle

Hi there, if you have an arduino laying around pop the atmega chip out and you've got yourself an USB-UART adapter.

Otherwise check ebay, you can find cheap ones there. When I get home I'm gonna send you the link for the one I bought, it was cheap and arrived within 2 weeks.

Edited by zbenta

Hi there, if you have an arduino laying around pop the atmega chip out and you've got yourself an USB-UART adapter.

Otherwise check ebay, you can find cheap ones there. When I get home I'm gonna send you the link for the one I bought, it was cheap and arrived within 2 weeks.

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately no Arduino laying around, but I might want to try it out some time

I've found some cheap ones on ebay indeed, I assumed I would find those trough Google as well so didn't check specifically.