Mk4 Lan And Wifi Tangle?

Karea

First of all yay thanks to the hakshop for "Hacking" my box so customs belived it where a 40$ packet love you =3

Now my problem... i can connect to my pineapple without a problem on ether-caple as long as no wifi is turned on ^^

And my wifi is working without a glitch when my pineapple is not connected ^^

BUT! When i try and connect to wifi and allready have the pineapple connected (or the other way around) i can't use

my internet and i can't connect to the pineapple using cable... Trying to get my tethering to work but i

have a strange feeling telling me that it wont work till i fix this wierd wrangle my system does (as it dosent work now)=S

My operating system on this machine is backtrack 5 r2 ... I have been surfing around the forum and i can't locate anyone

with the same allmost gimic-class wrangle... Hope anyone can shed some light on this and if i missed some important data

for you guys to help please just say so ^^ Havent really slept sins i got it by mail early yesterday as i have been trying

to fix this ^^*

Thanks in advance =3

Are you using the wp4.sh?

wget www.wifipineapple.com/wp4.sh

Make sure the first line says #!/bin/bash

chmod +x wp4.sh

If you want to try to fix your own setup. Are you setting your card connected to your pineapple, via ethernet cable, with a static IP address of 172.16.42.42 subnet of 255.255.255.0 and no gateway?

Thanks both of you and yes i used the wp4 ^^

But as Darren said it where the network manager that messed it up =3

Now all is working (for what i can see) and internet i passing to my "target"

without any bigger problems ^^ My internet speed did drop WAY down on my host pc

but i can't seem to spot the difference on the "targets" (phone, tablet and another pc)

so i guess its fine =3

I love how simple it is to use the basic stuff =3 (if you don't use a network manager x3)

Anyways ty again guys !

**Edit**

Is there a way to change the SSID that the pineapple broadcasts when karma is not online?

(ohh and password to log in xDD my kid brother keeps logging in to the pineapple and turns

karma online to annoy everyone in the building -.-*)

Edited by Karea

my kid brother keeps logging in

Change the pineapple's root password

while ssh'ed in run

passwd

then enter in a new password

that should keep him busy for awhile.

Just don't forget the new password ( especially on the MK4 )

with the mk3 you just reflash it using the AP51 tool. Cant use that with the MK4, just serial from what i've heard.

Is there a way to change the SSID that the pineapple broadcasts when karma is not online?

(ohh and password to log in xDD my kid brother keeps logging in to the pineapple and turns

karma online to annoy everyone in the building -.-*)

You should be able to change the SSID using the ssid changer on the config page - even with karma off.

As to what was said earlier, it is correct, if you forget the password you are locked out.

I was actually thinking of expanding the reset button to also reset the password but if someone finds it and wants to get access - just hold down the reset button. Kind of not what you want..