As Mi5 Says.....

tabath

Errrrrrrr, why would it be spam? Have I ever posted spam since I joined 06?

Just thought folks might be interested in the type of things that are used for initial testing in "Smileys World"|heheh

Edited by tabath

Errrrrrrr, why would it be spam? Have I ever posted spam since I joined 06?

Just thought folks might be interested in the type of things that are used for initial testing in "Smileys World"|heheh

I just get cautious of links with not much explanation. Not saying have you ever posted spam, but there are chances of accounts getting compromised and used for spam.

Well done. There are four interesting files to find as part of our challenge but only three are hiding something. This is the second file.

If you can find all the files and explain in detail how you found them you might be the kind of person we are looking for. Visit our website and see if you meet any of our criteria.

Please note: The task you have just completed does not reflect the full complexity of the technical challenges offered by roles in our Digital Intelligence Unit, but the ability to solve it is indicative of the investigative mind-set we are looking for.

You might be asked to explain how you approached the tasking during the recruitment process.

yeah it's in plain text labelled backup password , and if you get that far you'll see 3 text files like the one I posted above and a fourth one..

yeah the password and rar file were easy to find, but when i try to open the rar file

i get a message saying archive unknown or damaged. have tryed downloading a new .pcap using

other browsers and disabled antivirus

im using network miner to extract the .rar file.

but found them it wireshark.

Edited by xpath

yeah the password and rar file were easy to find, but when i try to open the rar file

i get a message saying archive unknown or damaged. have tryed downloading a new .pcap using

other browsers and disabled antivirus

im using network miner to extract the .rar file.

but found them it wireshark.

Open it in a text editor, convert the base 64 to a binary, save as rar file.

I managed to find all the the other files, including a blank PNG I assume has a hidden stego message in it. Didn't manage to find or crack anything on it though. All in all, I thiunk there were 4 docx files with some embedded blank images, all of which say "this is file 1 of, 2 of, etc."

Open it in a text editor, convert the base 64 to a binary, save as rar file.

I managed to find all the the other files, including a blank PNG I assume has a hidden stego message in it. Didn't manage to find or crack anything on it though. All in all, I thiunk there were 4 docx files with some embedded blank images, all of which say "this is file 1 of, 2 of, etc."

ok il try that .

i also came across some http trafic on port 80 that linked to a microsoft site. when i loaded the data the page loaded but there was a missing image

this might have been the .png file. so il keep hunting for ideas :D

• 10 months later...

Old thread, but I just did this and wondered if it was talked about anywhere.

digip, you're pretty much right, there's 4 files and three of them say 'I'm number one, two and three'. The 4th one just contains documents to be copied. Although the image is not an image using steganography, it's just not an image. I opened it with hexedit, saw the 'PK' in the header. Docx files are just zips full of XML essentially, but yeah it's a docx.