List Of Hardware Components To Build Pineapple

thegrenade

Hey all,

I am going to be building a Pineapple for an information systems security class. Just want to see if there are any other hardware components I need for the build. Just started browsing some tutorials this afternoon.

Alfa AP51 AP

http://www.data-alliance.net/-strse-588/ALFA-AP51-The-AP-fdsh-Client-fdsh-Router-fdsh-WISP-fdsh-Repeater/Detail.bok

Alfa AP51 PCB

http://www.data-alliance.net/-strse-594/AP51-PCB-802.11b-fdsh-g-High-dsh-Power/Detail.bok#

Am I missing anything?

Any input is greatly appreciated. Thanks a bunch! :)

TheGr3n4d3

Yes but I still dont think it's enough circulation in my opinion. The fan took it from 130F to 90F after 3 hours of stress test.

Mr Protocol is correct however I know the actual temp of the 2315 chip is higher still, unless you add a heatsink. The foam tape the mfr placed on the chip below the RF shield to conduct heat is very inadequate, imho. Then again, with the new firmware for the 7240 routers (om2p) coming???? its not all a big issue.

Okay, so last night I set everything up, and had one of me laptops associate to "bobs free wifi", then fired up utorrent. It's been downloading and uploading BackTrack 5.1 VM for 9 hours now. It's warm, but not any hotter than any other access point I've had doing the same work. I'll pick up an ir temperature meter today, been wanting to get one for a while now. :D Also, some kid that goes to school around here is very lucky. One of the associations was a freaking Wii! Nothing showed up in the url snarfer for it, so it had to be in a car that passed by. Also seen an android phone, crackberry and iPod.

Fine... I'll follow the rest. :rolleyes: :P

2012-01-24_16-08-27_462.jpg

It's actually a 12v fan off an old ass ATI !AGP! video card. It's connected directly to the power in port, so I opted for the 12v because I figured it wouldn't cook the fan if I plug it into the adapter that comes with the access point.

Edited by barry99705

Eh... not sure if 1/8th inch will help much but test and let me know results?

I figure any extra air flow will help. Might open up the side vents a bit though. I need to find a better way to simulate traffic over it though. My torrent of BT5R1 downloaded in 30 minutes... Damn you fast internet!! :D Still, it only got up to 89F.

That is much better temps. But if you get a fan too close to a surface it just wont work properly. If you stick your hand close to the back of your case fan you can kind of see what i'm talking about. But 89F is where mine was at so cheers.

Oh, there's probably a good quarter inch from the bottom of the blades to the shield, the motor housing is an eighth inch away.

Fine... I'll follow the rest. :rolleyes: :P

2012-01-24_16-08-27_462.jpg

It's actually a 12v fan off an old ass ATI !AGP! video card. It's connected directly to the power in port, so I opted for the 12v because I figured it wouldn't cook the fan if I plug it into the adapter that comes with the access point.

Hello barry99705

Is that the AIP-W502U. Cool fan mod.