MacChanger Working On Pineapple Mk3

Normally when I use any type of wireless card or tool for penetration testing I like to spoof the mac address. I was able to do this on the MK2 by following this post LINK. After getting my new MK3 in I am excited to start using it right away and changing the mac is a must have for me.

Here is how I got it working:

1) Get your pineapple on the internet, use either method for windows or Linux as shown HERE

2) SSH to your pineapple: If your haven't changed the password the default is pineapplesareyummy

ssh 172.16.42.1

3) Test that your pineapple can get to the internet:

ping 4.2.2.2

If you get a reply move on to the next step if not you didn't do step 1 right...

4)Type the following commands to update your package list and install macchanger:

opkg update

opkg install macchanger

5) Now that macchanger is installed we need to edit the startkarma.sh script to run macchanger:

nano /www/pineapple/startkarma.sh

It should look like this default:

hostapd -dd /etc/hostapd/karma.conf >> /tmp/karma.log

6) Add the following lines ABOVE the existing hostapd line:

ifconfig wlan0 down
macchanger -r
ifconfig wlan0 up

Just save the changes and your ready to go! As soon as you click the link to start karma in the web interface macchanger will assign a random mac to the wireless interface!

As a note every time you start and stop karma you will get a different random mac. If you would prefer to assign your own use the following syntax for step 6:

macchanger wlan0 -m xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx

Replace the xx with whatever you want ie 00:11:22:33:44:55 .

I hope this will save someone some work!

I made this simple mac changer script for the ALFA USB WiFi AWUS036H. There might be a better way of writing this. (open to any ideas.)

#!/bin/sh

echo "wired/wireless network"

ifconfig wlan0

echo "wireless network"

iwconfig wlan0

#bring down the wireless network

sudo ifconfig wlan0 down

echo wlan0 down

#change the mac address

#newmac=`echo $RANDOM$RANDOM | md5sum | sed -r 's/(..)/\1:/g; s/^(.{17}).*$/\1/;'`

sudo ifconfig wlan0 hw ether de:ed:be:ef:c0:fe #$newmac

#echo "New mac adress: $newmac"

#Bring up the wireless network

sudo ifconfig wlan0 up

echo wlan0 up

echo "wired/wireless network"

ifconfig wlan0

echo "wireless network"

iwconfig wlan0

read ifconfig iwconfig

But, maybe Darren can mod this and add this to the mk3 with a button in the advanced tab.(click to change MAC) Just an idea.

Yours, is a little bit easier to do. Not trying to hijack your thread,but thought this might go under the same thread for changing MAC address's.

thanks,

catz

Cool idea. This also works on Mark 2, just have to get the package. Just keep in mind that you'll need to keep track of the mac address for airdrop-ng in order to not deauth your clients. :)