[facepalm] I Need To Hack My Own Freaking Router.. -.-"

Okay so heres the deal, i wanna run a server, but to do that i need my ruters password (to port) and i dont want to use Hamachi or any other service of that sort.

I have tried the standard password. My router is Linksys WRT54GC router from linksys.

Is there any way that i can brute force into it or somehow get the password?

Please reply ASAP. Thanks in advance.

yes it is my router.

The reason i can't reset it is because my father works alot from home, and needs access to internet alot.

Given that i did not set up the internet, nor did dad (the people from his work did) we do not have the password.

Also, seems like the person that set it up does not remember the password.

I am neither able to set up a router, i have never done it before and therefore it will take alot of effort and time to get it up and working after i reset it,

so therefore it is not an option.

What is this standard password you tried. Are you sure its the default for that model? Check the default password again. http://www.routerpasswords.com/

Edited by digip

If I were you, I would do a Google search for "HTTP brute force tools". I am very sure you will find the tool you need.

Beware that you will need to disable any security essential that you might have running on your PC, or otherwise you will get you AVs flagging it off.

In addition, try running these tools in a virtual machine if you can.

Have you tried the default password before going crazy with a reset or brute force? http://www.routerpasswords.com/

If worse comes to worse, and he is not allowed to reset the modem back to default, brute forcing would be the bet.

Alternatively he could try contacting the person who set up the modem for his father and ask for the password.

all i see is another skiddie trying to "hack" his neighbors

but... seeing as others are contributing to the cause....

Try xHydra if you need to brutefoce the web login.. if your looking for getting onto the network via wifi... we'll then... I'm not going to bother ..

xHydra should do the job, however you will need a decent wordlist, if you want to be successful.

Head over to this website and compile your own password file.

http://www.skullsecurity.org/wiki/index.php/Passwords#Password_dictionaries

go with the infiltrator option try using alll router deault passwords...!! most of did not change the default passwords in router so its better try with the manufacturer default passwords chech out in google