Sony Ericsson Got Hacked By Idahca

Infiltrator

Sony has been very unlucky the last couple of weeks, with their Playstation network getting hacked.

http://www.thehackernews.com/2011/05/sony-erricson-got-hacked-by-idahca.html

So what do you guys think of this whole mess Sony is into?

Now the question is, what are Sony doing? The message is clear, customers can't trust Sony anymore. Sophos Security researcher Chester Wisniewski wrote about the Greece intrusion, saying:

http://www.tweaktown.com/news/19766/more_sony_hacking_news_why_aren_t_these_hackers_using_their_powers_for_good/index.html

Edit: The damage has already been done, the least they could do is take down their servers and hire a security company and fix all these security issues. Frankly I don't understand, why they are still risking losing more of customer's information.

Its looking really bad, on them.

Edited by Infiltrator

It is getting a little beyond now tbh, 10th Hack, wonder how many it'll be at the end of the 25th May :S You know they have more than enough cash to hire in like 500 Security Guru's, test the whole network and get it fixed in like a week, servers to printers, but there not :S If this was my company I'd be going mental, So they lost 170 Million so far big whoop, their company is worth hmmmm..........too wikipedia...........Total Assests 137 Billion Dollars. Man stop messing around and make the network & sites ironclad as possible.

It's like when RSA were breached, who cares about the money, it's their repuation they lost. I went to Info Security Europe this year, and there was a all this talk about RSA breached, and seriously the amount of people avoiding their stand was noticeable to say the least. Sony is going to have exactly the same issue.

Just stop fluttering around Sony and fix the problem. Just an opinion :P

I agree, they have lost millions of money and still vulnerable to attacks. If I were the owner of Sony I would shutdown the network and all the service to outside and completely get all these security issues solved for once.

For now they have lost lots of money and they will continue to lose a lot more, even running the risks of losing its customers if they don't decide to get a grip on the situation now.

./agree makes alot more sense, starts at the top and lock everything down. From a PR point of view, they could easily play this in there favour if there clever with it.

Lock the network down and come back strong, providing all new security etc. It'll be a long road but it's possible (very very very long road) to rebuild what they have lost, are continuing to lose.

Still though, I have to be honest that some of the breaches are well....kind of stupid easy to replicate. Especially the Sony Erricson Site attack, an SQL injection from what I've heard also it was a relatively simple one aswell -.- I mean............EPIC FAIL.

One thing I don't quite understand is why, the hackers would want to hack Sony instead of a high profile company like Apple, Microsoft or Google. And what is really intriguing is that they are still targeting Sony no matter what.

Yea I agree with you there it is a little weird, but it does seem like everyone is trying to stake a claim on some Sony hack somewhere. Sony must have really really made people angry somehow, Annoymous to begin with but this is a little out of control now :S

Apple I would deffienitly take a pop at (hypothetically), I just don't like them -.- Is personal opinion, won't ge into reasons. Microsoft they fail already :P Google would be an interesting one to be honest.......would need to do a fair bit of footprinting on them :P

infiltrator dont believe everything you read on the net ... my friend works for anti fraud ... he has the full report on sony ... im hoping im going to get a peep ... but who he told me hacked sony and the group you've posted dont match.

i might be wrong but ill try and let you know some details when i get them.

Edited by Trip

Poor Sony :(

I feel bad for them but at the same time they had it coming. They shouldn't have treated George Hotz so badly with the whole jailbreaking his ps3 fiasco. Now everyone wants a piece.

WoW!! Snubs on the fourms! I not seen that before :P I can understand what you mean there, hammering the guy for that was just...............filth tbh.

I'm still unbelievable stunned everytime I remember watching Tech New Today and learning that Sony didn't a CSO!! A company like that with out that type of position is just mental......an the one they do have at the moment, no disrespect isn't kicking peoples behinds hard enough!!

No Chief Security Officer, with how many millions of accounts, credit card data, personal staff data, GB (if not TB) of data being moved around on a daily basis, no top end Security Manager to deal with it. I would hate to a Network Admin at Sony right now tbh -.-