Linux Hacking

Mr. Stuky

Agree with Mr.Protocol, if you want to learn you will need to practice, research and find out how it works from inside out.

That's all I can say. If you don't know something, research about it and only then post your question in here so we can assist you.

But you will have to do the hard work yourself, that's the only way you become a PRO......

I got into hacking (NOT CRACKING) because I like to make things and get a kick out of running networks that are efficient and secure.

If you want to be a cracker I have little time for you.

To start hacking on an exciting level get a wireless access point enabled WEP and set a password. Download backtrack and make a bootable usb stick. Then attempt to hack YOUR wireless access point to see if you can get the password back. There are 100's of tuts and vids on how to do this.

Sorry double post...

Edited by Infiltrator

I got into hacking (NOT CRACKING) because I like to make things and get a kick out of running networks that are efficient and secure.

If you want to be a cracker I have little time for you.

To start hacking on an exciting level get a wireless access point enabled WEP and set a password. Download backtrack and make a bootable usb stick. Then attempt to hack YOUR wireless access point to see if you can get the password back. There are 100's of tuts and vids on how to do this.

Cracking WEP is no longer difficult, cracking WPA is a whole different story, but its worth the shot.

Edited by Infiltrator

i recommend downloading backtrack to virtual machine (vmware/virtual box) of booting it from usb drive.

Then goto backrack-linux.org Register for their forums, start reading tutorials, following them. read posts from beginners forum, You will learn something.

If you really want to learn linux things try using ubuntu/BT4 as your main os (I recommend NOT to replace your windows installation.)

Watching Hak5 you will learn a lot, especially season 6.(if I remember correctly.) Mitm, ssls strip explained.

If you are trying wep/wpa cracking I recommend at begin watching some videos from youtube, then trying it and then following tutorials from aircrack-ng's web site.

One thing '

I recommend learning, is how to use tools like wireshark, You can even sniff your own network traffic. Then ettercap for mitm (Man in the middle) as well as arpspoof.

And when you can't figure something out GOOGLE it. Then if you still have a problem ask from http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/beginners-forum/

They might be a bit rude if you are asking "stupid" questions. Just keep trying You can learn anything!

And don't forget hak5.org's forums, but Ffor bt questions I still recommend BT4's own forum.

^^^ Technically cracking....

i recommend downloading backtrack to virtual machine (vmware/virtual box) of booting it from usb drive.

Then goto backrack-linux.org Register for their forums, start reading tutorials, following them. read posts from beginners forum, You will learn something.

If you really want to learn linux things try using ubuntu/BT4 as your main os (I recommend NOT to replace your windows installation.)

Watching Hak5 you will learn a lot, especially season 6.(if I remember correctly.) Mitm, ssls strip explained.

If you are trying wep/wpa cracking I recommend at begin watching some videos from youtube, then trying it and then following tutorials from aircrack-ng's web site.

One thing '

I recommend learning, is how to use tools like wireshark, You can even sniff your own network traffic. Then ettercap for mitm (Man in the middle) as well as arpspoof.

And when you can't figure something out GOOGLE it. Then if you still have a problem ask from http://www.backtrack-linux.org/forums/beginners-forum/

They might be a bit rude if you are asking "stupid" questions. Just keep trying You can learn anything!

And don't forget hak5.org's forums, but Ffor bt questions I still recommend BT4's own forum.

Cool and very informative. Thanks for posting that. Seen a lot of articles on the net with respect to cracking and hacking.

Edited by bibbinut