Weird laptop mod:

VaKo

I was melting down some borked fake coins, and managed to drop a spoonful of molten metal on the kitchen floor. The results were amazing, as the floor was cold and the metal set in this cool splatter pattern instantly. I had one attached to my notebook for a while, but it fell off.

To do it at home, you need some kinda low temp melting metal (the type they make warhammer figures from or something similar), a spoon, and a gas stove. You melt the metal until its boiled off the crap and impuritys, then drop it from about 5ft onto some cold greased ceramic tiles (and your shoe, but lets not talk about that). Wait until it sets, then carefully remove it. The grease should mean it doesn't stick to the floor.

If you still live at home, don't try this. My flatmates weren't to impressed so I can only imagine what your parents would say.

melted-dell.jpg

That seems to be pretty interesting, would the same think work for say "fishing weights", not knowing, only because they or what I have heard, that they did away with lead fishing weights.

But I still have some, so I was just asking.

But still I find it kinda cool.

Yeah, most metal minatures companys switched to non-toxic metals a while back, not sure how many kids died from eating Space Marines but there you go. However, since this bit of metal was orgionally a fake £2 coin, i'm guessing its not safe in the long term. I think the safe stuff is called white metal, although i can't be sure what exactly this is.

My next plan is to somehow do this with glass. You can make a fire hot enough to melt glass using an old wheel barrow, bricks and some wood, its just that melted glass can be explosive if you fuck up cooling it down.

Some Apple fanboy would come by, kill you, violate your remains in ways unfit for specific, graphic description on a forum like this, take the macbook and return it to Steve Jobs, saying 'The infidel has been processed'.

Some Apple fanboy would come by, kill you, violate your remains in ways unfit for specific, graphic description on a forum like this, take the macbook and return it to Steve Jobs, saying 'The infidel has been processed'.

Why dose that sound like some thing melodic would do?