UK Torrenting Problems with DVD (please help)

stingwray

Ok, well its fairly well known at the moment on IRC that the Brits are getting absolutely crap download speeds off the torrent for the DVD. We're talking averaging 25KBps max. Personally I am only just approaching 50% complete after 24 hours of solid downloading.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what could be going on here (its not our ISPs throttling torrent traffic or anything like that because other torrents max my connection out easily.)

I might be able to get something sorted but I can't until I finish the torrent which looks like it could be another 24 hours.

I think it might be an Anti-British Tracker.

Well, next time hopefully things will go more smoothly. Just got to learn from your mistakes and not try to repeat them.

Out of interest Darren, what tracker did you setup for the hak.5 one? As i'd like to get to the bottom of this, seeming it seems you had some excellent seeds organised as well.

Well, next time hopefully things will go more smoothly. Just got to learn from your mistakes and not try to repeat them.

Out of interest Darren, what tracker did you setup for the hak.5 one? As i'd like to get to the bottom of this, seeming it seems you had some excellent seeds organised as well.

I was using the latest version of broadcast machine, but i think i may have borked the update going from version 20 to the latest. not positive.

for the first few hours i had 3 servers pushing out 2 MBps each

until they had to stop seeding. um. they werent my servers. :(