Hak5 Trading Post?

eovnu87435ds

I've been thinking, wouldn't it be a good idea to create a Trading Post in the Hak5 forums? I mean, I'm sure there's lots of gadgets, wifi devices and computer components that many people do not have the need for(like old computer memory once you upgrade to a larger capacity). I've seen other forums do this with huge success. Of course there is the issue of con-artists, etc. but the way I've seen other forums take care of that is by making a sticky as a disclaimer noting that the sale is the sole responsibility of the persons involved, and not the forum hosting it.

In the state of this economy, a trading post would allow someone who otherwise wouldn't be able to get their hack on. If interested, sample guidelines could be found here: For Sale or Trade Forums Guidelines

Traditionally we've held off from pushing sales as no one wants to be responsible in the event of it all going screwby. However we've never had a problem with people selling things on the forum. I'll talk to Darren unless he posts on this thread.

Sounds pretty good. I'd rather get stuff off people on this forum than ebay..

Ebay is not that bad dude, but you do make a good point, especially when stuffs you buy come from China and doesn't last you for a week.

Guest Deleted_Account

To make it safer both parties should use paypal so in the event of a scam at least theirs a good chance the buyer/seller will get the money back.

yeah, when i dealt on the other forms I always made sure I used paypal. There are other things that you can do to make it easier to thwart con-artists. If you take pictures of your item for sale, write on a piece of paper your username and the date of the shot, and include it in the picture. If it is something big, I wouldn't go for the deal unless I could send half up front, and half once the package arrives. and of course, never buy from someone if they cannot provide you pictures!

Edited by eovnu87435ds

I think the idea of a trading post is a great idea. I also like the photo idea to prove you have what you are selling.

If you take pictures of your item for sale, write on a piece of paper your username and the date of the shot, and include it in the picture.

Not a bad idea, digital point does this on their forums, as well as 110mb...

110mb never did all that well but digital point did, they had a plugin so that people could rate weather or not someone was a reliable buyer/seller.

I wouldn't mind doing this even more so if we were allowed to sell things like mod chips (seeing as ebay wont let you)

Guest Deleted_Account

Well i hope this goes through as i have a few things i have been trying to sell forever on craigs list lol and they would be more geared towards the Hak.5 crowed too.

Guest Deleted_Account
Just an FYI, this idea is go, I will setup a suitable area in the next day or so.

Good to here! Thanks for the update.