Idosing And Digital Drugs

Infiltrator

FREE legal drugs that can be downloaded through the internet? Parents, welcome to your new nightmare.

If "iDosing" is not the latest craze, it soon will be, as reports sweep the internet of kids achieving catatonic or hallucinogenic states simply by downloading and listening to "digital drugs".

And if it does catch on, you can blame the kids at Mustang High School in Oklahoma, who in March were caught wasted on "monotonous, layered sounds in a dark room". While it sounds like a hoax, iDosing's caught on at Mustang High enough to convince staff to send letters home to parents warning them of the possible dangers.

"The parents' reaction was the same as mine. Just shocked," Mustang School District Superintendent Bonnie Lightfoot told NewsOK. "You've got to be kidding."

What those dangers are exactly, no one is yet to say.

What little analysis that has been done on the dangers of iDosing claim that while the practice itself is mostly harmless, there's a chance of it leading to more harmful addictions. But first, a primer on how to iDose.

It's not that difficult - simply find a dark room, slip on your headphones and sit motionless. Listen to repetitive, atonal tracks. A quick Google search for "iDose tracks" will bring up some options.

How much time it takes to achieve any transcendental state is entirely up to the user, but it might be prudent to make sure someone else knows you're in the cupboard.

"It's unlikely to cause any problems," Harriet de Wit of the University of Chicago told LiveScience, adding that any highs associated with iDosing are more likely linked to expectations than genuine biological effects.

Yet the owner of I-Doser.com, Nick Ashton, support Mustang's warning for parents.

"We have heard of that, and we agree," he said.

"Any method that involved experiencing a simulated mood or experience should be taken seriously.

"I-Doser.com is not dangerous, completely safe, but any user should be aware that this is causing a modification of mood." Mr Ashton said media coverage of the Mustang incident had increased traffic to their site, and their PC Player application alone has had over a million downloads.

He said the binaural sequences were "highly technical tones that take years to develop".

"We create every track we sell and offer the most effective digital simulations available anywhere," he said. In fact, he's been selling mood-modifying tracks for 10 years and there's plenty of other websites and apps promoting the benefits of aural stimulation.

Yes, iDosing can be used for the power of good.

According to i-dose.us, the tracks on their "Binaural Beats" list can promote a range of feel-good vibes which can help you quit smoking, relieve PMS and relieve pain.

"I started drawing while listening to the music," user Dii says. "And I had a nice drawing experience." A user at another site claimed he saw "paint peeling off the walls". But it's not enough to convince everyone to dismiss the trend so lightly.

Narcotics authorities in the US admit are concerned that the practice of searching online for stronger iDoses leads users down the path to more harmful practices. "iDosing" can be seen as a gateway drug, they claim.

While it might sound ludicrous to web-savvy teenagers, there's no denying the language and symbolism used by some iDose websites trades on pusher culture.

You can even become a "digital dealer" at I-Doser.

Their Recreational Simulations pack ($US16.95) is a "collection of 4 doses in MP3 format: Marijuana, Cocaine, Opium, and Peyote. Each audio track contains our advanced binaural beats that will synchronize your brainwaves to the same state as the recreational dose."

The site also promotes "legal bud, legal hash and mood pills" - all of which are legal artificial alternatives to the real things, being mostly herbs pressed on sticks and dipped in resin.

However, Mr Ashton is quick to point out that his site is completely legal and he doesn't condone the use of illegal drugs in any way.

"I would advise parents to be aware of what your kids do, have open and frank communication about the dangers of real drugs, and understand that people look to I-Doser for a positive meditative experience," he said.

"It is not habit forming at all, but should be used in moderation."

Original article can be found here, http://www.news.com.au/technology/idosing-...0-1225892539705

You can also download and buy tracks from this website

http://www.i-dose.us/dose/en/4/Coffee+break/0/

The concern about them being drugs is total bullsh!t. Its called MEDITATION, and can be induced with or without music, audio drones, verbal speaking, etc. I've actually been on several guided meditations by other people, and all the music does is help with the process, but these kids that think they are getting high are doing nothing more then putting their bodies into a relaxed state of meditation.

What they see or have visions of, if any, are based on their own mind and control of their psyche. Also, the purpose of these tracks is to use the brainwave synthesis in the wav files to help get to these meditative states quicker if you can relax your mind and body and concentrate on your breathing, all which can be done without the so called "iDoser drugs" as they call it.

We used to experiment with this sort of stuff back in the day and have even used some of it in our music for my band Twisted Pair. You can hear it in some of our tracks if you listen to them with headphones.

If you ever had Cool Edit from the 90's before it was bought by Adobe, you would remember the Brain Wave settings in the wav editor for creating your own effects. iDoser is nothing more than this effect, and marketing it to dumb kids who think it will get them high. Its essentially ripping people off who just learned how to meditate themselves into a trance.

Load of bollocks.

I am guessing the whole i-dosing thing is the Ganzfeld effect? Which is perfectly harmless and is used to treat some mental disorders. Sensory deprivation is what causes that falling feeling and sudden shock when you are falling asleep. Its nothing new and I am sure people have been doing it for the sensation for years now.

The effect can work with pretty much any repetitive sounds, like static or even computer fans. So be careful if you like to fall asleep with a towel over your eyes while beside your computer :P

Just the media needing a new scare story.

"Hmmm... we need a new scare story for the news. Lets do something about teenagers because that will have parents in a frenzy, but what do all teenagers have? IPODS! But we also need something that scares parents... DRUGS! LETS COMBINE THE TWO! DOWNLOADABLE DRUGS FOR IPODS!"

Edited by DarkBlueBox

Teenagers listening to audio recordings that evoke changes in emotion, mental state and thought processes? This is unheard of and scary.

Lol. Yeah, that damn pesky rock n roll, its all the rage these days. What is this world coming to?

eh, this stuff is old news. Tried it, didn't work. It's calming, but beyond that, it just doesn't work.

This topic has came up at least three times since I have been on these forums and have heard it's been around for about ten years or more. It's snake oil, pure and simple.

eh, this stuff is old news. Tried it, didn't work. It's calming, but beyond that, it just doesn't work.

This topic has came up at least three times since I have been on these forums and have heard it's been around for about ten years or more. It's snake oil, pure and simple.

It sounded convincing when I read other users comments.

Oh yeah.. I even had first hand accounts of people telling me it made them trip. heh. little did I know later on they had never tripped (off acid) before, so evidently it was what they "thought" it felt like.

Take any soft cd, classical with long highs or just very melodic music, lay down and listen to it for a while. It will calm the hell out of you, and from there however you think you can feel you may get a slight touch of.

FYI, to this day whenever I hear a house/trance fusion mix with a crazy buildup, I still get the tingles down my back and the top of my head feels funny (like what I used to feel when I roll would first start up when I would do extacy back in 99/00)

It's all just your endorphins and seratonin giving you a little extra shot from being relaxed is all.

Edited by h3%5kr3w